Fatty Liver Index
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most likely caused by obesity and diabetes. Symptoms of fatty liver disease are primarily the complications of cirrhosis of the liver; and may include:
Treatment for fatty liver includes:
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as:
high...learn more »
In This Article
Bilirubin (Bilirubin Test) Article
- Bilirubin and blood test facts
- What is bilirubin?
- What are normal bilirubin levels in adults?
- What do high bilirubin levels in adults mean?
- What are symptoms of high bilirubin levels in adults?
- What are the symptoms of high bilirubin levels in newborns?
- What do high bilirubin levels in a newborn mean?
- What are other names for bilirubin?
- What is the treatment for elevated bilirubin in adults?
- What is the bilirubin test?
- How do I prepare for the bilirubin test?
- How is the bilirubin test performed?
- What risks are associated with the bilirubin test?
- What is the prognosis for an adult with elevated bilirubin levels?
- What is the prognosis for newborns?
- Can high levels of bilirubin be prevented?
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 9 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- What is type 1 diabetes
- What is type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...learn more »