Patient Comments: Fatigue - Experience

Please describe your experience with fatigue.

Comment from: Gotclass2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been fatigued sense 2006. I could barely walk to the car, and falling asleep at my desk. I am aching all over and not hungry and have extreme dry mouth. Turns out I have lupus, I am anemic, and dehydrated.

Comment from: Fatigued me, Female (Patient) Published: March 24

Fatigue is something I have been struggling with for about five years now. There are bouts of excessive low energy, cloudy head and no libido. I am in my early thirties, I have been to the physician to find out what may be the issue, have had blood work several times, and no unusual results. It is frustrating, it is very hard to get through the lowest periods, and it sadly affects my children and husband. Life is busy and stressful but I'm not convinced that's all the issue, my body goes through periods of extreme aching and extreme muscle fatigue! At times my bones hurt from the very core of them.

Comment from: ddstarrtx, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had fatigue for a year, plus a low grade fever and zero energy. It took a year but I found I had toxoplasmosis gondii, the disease from changing a litter box. I was shocked. They said it was in my head. I demanded all tests from A-Z and found it. Thirty days of Levaquin and life started to return to normal. You just never know, I got it from a cat at home or volunteering at my local animal shelter.

Comment from: Lea, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 05

I am often tired during the daytime, even with a good night's rest.

Fatigue - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your fatigue? Please share your experience.
Fatigue - Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with your fatigue?
Fatigue - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the diagnosis process in finding a cause for your fatigue. What was the doctor's diagnosis?
Fatigue - Treatment Question: Depending on your diagnosis, what was the treatment for your fatigue?
Fatigue - Prevention Question: If possible, how do you try to prevent fatigue?