Patient Comments: Fatigue - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms associated with your fatigue?

Comment from: shewolf, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have muscle aches, fatigue to the point I don't even hear my alarm. I have no motivation or focus which is not normal for me and I haven't had my periods for 2 months now, but I am not pregnant. Caffeine and energy medications don't seem to be working.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I had horrible sleep apnea. I never felt refreshed when waking up in the morning. I never felt like I had any energy, so the doctor thought I needed a sleep study.

Comment from: CharmedLife, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

May 2012, I was diagnosed with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC). I had been experiencing fatigue for approximately two years before my diagnosis. It occurred very slowly. I thought, wow – I'm old, I'm out of shape, I'm depressed, etc. Never did it occur to me that it was something so serious. I stopped socializing, cleaning my home, etc. I managed to do the very minimum it would take for me to function. Thankfully, I was properly diagnosed and am managing my disease very well. The fatigue, however, continues to plague me. My family has been great in keeping me aware of my surroundings and keeping me active.

Comment from: Annie141, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I feel like an extreme weight has been dropped over me, find it hard to breath, have heaviness in my chest, sweat, find it hard to walk, and my legs are weak and wobbly.

Comment from: maura, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

My son has been very ill for two years. His symptoms include stomach pains, vomiting, weight loss, diarrhea, and anemia. His doctors think he might have celiac disease.

Fatigue - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with fatigue.
Fatigue - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your fatigue? Please share your experience.
Fatigue - Diagnosis Question: Discuss the diagnosis process in finding a cause for your fatigue. What was the doctor's diagnosis?
Fatigue - Treatment Question: Depending on your diagnosis, what was the treatment for your fatigue?
Fatigue - Prevention Question: If possible, how do you try to prevent fatigue?