Fasting Diets Index
Featured: Fasting Diets Main Article
There are a variety of fasting diets that claim to help lose weight quickly and detoxify the body. Intermittent fasting diets (IF) or alternate-day fasting diets (IDF) are the base for some fasting diets such as the 5:2 diet. Detox diets claim to detoxify the body. There is no good supporting data that IF, IDF, or detox diets work. There also are health risks to fasting diets. People with certain conditions like diabetes, women who are pregnant, or are breastfeeding should not go on fasting diets because of the calorie restriction.
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been
considered to be obese if they are...learn more »
In This Article
- Obesity facts
- What is obesity?
- How common is obesity?
- What are the health risks associated with obesity?
- What causes obesity?
- What are other factors associated with obesity?
- How is body fat measured?
- What about weight-for-height tables?
- What is the body mass index (BMI)?
- Does it matter where body fat is located? (Is it worse to be an "apple" or a
- What can be done about obesity?
- What is the role of physical activity and exercise in obesity?
- What is the role of diet in the treatment of obesity?
- What is the role of medication in the treatment of obesity?
- What about herbal fen/phen?
- What about meal substitutes, artificial sweeteners, and OTC products?
- What is the role of surgery in the treatment of obesity?
- How can patients choose a safe and successful weight-loss program?