Patient Comments: Fainting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with fainting.

Comment from: goosehunter, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: September 05

One afternoon, I fainted on my driveway, causing me to fall and strike my head on the cement driveway. After coming to about two minutes later, I had a large bump on my head with a long cut. It took six staples to close it. I lost a lot of blood in the process; not a good experience!

Comment from: leestoops, 55-64 Male Published: September 05

I had been lying on the bed reading today and stood up to walk to the kitchen. All of a sudden, I was lying on the floor in the hall and my head had broken right through the sheetrock wall as I fell. I never knew what happened.

Comment from: Rachel08, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I was coming in from outside, and my vision started to become blurry as I walked into the living room. My mother-in-law asked me about my finger. I remember trying to explain as I grabbed the wall, but the next thing I can remember, I felt lifeless. I couldn't hear very much. My ears were ringing extremely loud, and then I ended up on a bed looking up to the ceiling trying to regain my breath. I was terrified about the situation; it was probably one of the scariest things that have happened to me.

Comment from: Matilda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I'm taking medication for high blood pressure (HBP). I wake up in the night, and if I get up too quickly, I feel nausea and faint the next morning. I have to sit down or I will faint. Often, it takes all morning to feel OK. If I go shopping too soon after such an episode, I am inclined to almost faint in the supermarket. I have had various checks and my health is OK.

Published: August 12

I have a rather long history with fainting. I would faint: whenever I saw blood, and whenever I thought about my bones in my body breaking. When I was 18, I had a long-term kidney infection, and was fainting left and right for two or three years with no explanation. Now it seems that because I have fainted so much, I can't just pass out anymore. I have the symptoms that occur just before you pass out, and I have to talk myself out of them. Mind over matter can work to pull out of it faster. That and cool air and water.

Comment from: Wolfpup04, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I went to an amusement part today and road a bunch of roller coaster rides. After a while, I rode a ride in which I blacked out for a short span of time. I thought that maybe I was just dizzy and it was just that ride, but soon after we rode another ride, the same thing happened to me. It generally happened after going upside down. I am not afraid of roller coasters, and these were all rides I have been on before.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

In the last 4 days, I have had 11 episodes of feeling like I was fainting...but never completely fainted. It happens during movement and while being completely still.

Fainting (Syncope) - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your fainting?
Fainting (Syncope) - Causes Question: What caused your fainting (syncope)?
Fainting (Syncope) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your fainting (syncope)?
Fainting (Syncope) - Diagnosis Question: After fainting, what medical tests and exams did you have? What was the diagnosis?