Patient Comments: Fainting (Syncope) - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your fainting (syncope)?

Comment from: Abdelhamid, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

Stress has been the cause of my health problem which led to frequent fainting. The fainting occurs to me while I am walking or sometimes sitting. I just felt losing control of my legs and arms when I was walking. Once, someone on the street helped me to sit on bench and called a taxi. When the taxi arrived, I was already conscious, but very tired.

Comment from: Sam&al12, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

Today in class I almost passed out, another guy in my class really did pass out, and a girl before our class almost did, as well. It was very odd. The lecture was getting graphic, but I can usually handle that sort of thing. I'm wondering if it was just high stress we experienced from the graphic nature of the lecture, or something in the environment that caused all three of us to feel faint. It was bizarre.

Comment from: Randy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 09

After having 33 radiation treatments for false vocal cord cancer, my vagal nerve was also affected. I now easily gag, choke, and then pass out. They diagnosed this as syncope.

Comment from: Evan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I felt pressure on my chest and a sleepy feeling--forcing my eyes to close. It was a gradual fade-out of consciousness. When I came to, I felt weak, sweaty, and a bit confused.

Fainting - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with fainting.
Fainting (Syncope) - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your fainting?
Fainting (Syncope) - Causes Question: What caused your fainting (syncope)?
Fainting (Syncope) - Diagnosis Question: After fainting, what medical tests and exams did you have? What was the diagnosis?