Patient Comments: Eye Floaters - Risk Factors

Do you have risk factors for eye floaters?

Comment from: grace, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

When I was looking for my precious wrist watch underneath our dusty sofa my right eye suddenly got irritated. My husband told me to wash it immediately with running water. But it did not do away the itchiness. For a week I suffered teary red eyes and woke up every day with sticky eyelids. I thought of it as a symptom of allergy until on its second week short-lived flashes of light appeared. The next day a floater appeared and until now this still annoys me. I wonder if it could be that this floater was triggered by my eye irritation.

Floaters - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with floaters.
Floaters - Causes Question: What was the cause of your eye floaters?
Floaters - What They Look Like Question: Describe how your floater first appeared, and what it looked like.
Floaters - How Common? Question: At what age did your floater first appear? How often have you gotten a floater(s)?
Floaters - Eye Diseases Question: Do you have an eye disease associated with floaters? Was the floater a symptom of the eye condition or disease?
Floaters - Disappearance Question: Did your eye floater go away? If so, how long did it take? Please share your story.
Floaters - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery to remove floaters? Please share your experience.
Eye Floaters - Prognosis Question: How long have you had eye floaters?