Patient Comments: Floaters - Disappearance

Did your eye floater go away? If so, how long did it take? Please share your story.

Comment from: Tarique, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

Never knew vitreous could liquefy. I was watching TV and just noticed a string in the corner of my right eye. I thought it must be tired eyes, went to bed and looked out the window and the string was still there. That was 10 years ago! I"m 50 now. No satisfactory explanation was given. No remedy works though I believe reduction in blood sugar levels coupled with preventing shocks to the head area will go some way in reducing occurrence of these spots. Stay away from high gravity rides at parks as well.

Comment from: Gyadi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I got hit in the eye by my son's elbow! I saw a bright light and got a lot of tears in my eye. I had my eye checked and have now got the result that I have PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) I will have floaters for the rest of my life! I am 44! I really would be ok with that if there is no danger of anything else. As annoying as they are I am scared it will lead to something worse. I have been checked and thankfully don't have retinal detachment and almost 3 months has passed after the accident.

Comment from: humayun babar, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

i have eye floaters for about like 1 week i just want them to go away....bitch

Floaters - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with floaters.
Floaters - Causes Question: What was the cause of your eye floaters?
Floaters - What They Look Like Question: Describe how your floater first appeared, and what it looked like.
Floaters - How Common? Question: At what age did your floater first appear? How often have you gotten a floater(s)?
Floaters - Eye Diseases Question: Do you have an eye disease associated with floaters? Was the floater a symptom of the eye condition or disease?
Floaters - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery to remove floaters? Please share your experience.