Patient Comments: Floaters - Disappearance

Did your eye floater go away? If so, how long did it take? Please share your story.

Comment from: Gyadi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I got hit in the eye by my son's elbow! I saw a bright light and got a lot of tears in my eye. I had my eye checked and have now got the result that I have PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) I will have floaters for the rest of my life! I am 44! I really would be ok with that if there is no danger of anything else. As annoying as they are I am scared it will lead to something worse. I have been checked and thankfully don't have retinal detachment and almost 3 months has passed after the accident.

Comment from: humayun babar, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 20

i have eye floaters for about like 1 week i just want them to go away....bitch

Floaters - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with floaters.
Floaters - Causes Question: What was the cause of your eye floaters?
Floaters - What They Look Like Question: Describe how your floater first appeared, and what it looked like.
Floaters - How Common? Question: At what age did your floater first appear? How often have you gotten a floater(s)?
Floaters - Eye Diseases Question: Do you have an eye disease associated with floaters? Was the floater a symptom of the eye condition or disease?
Floaters - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery to remove floaters? Please share your experience.