Patient Comments: Floaters - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with floaters.

Comment from: Skwiseone, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

I've had the YAG laser treatment on both eyes. My right eye had a large Weiss ring floater which was successfully zapped. However, I now have a blurry spot that floats around my eye, which tends to make me dizzy and cause headaches.

Comment from: bparker, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 29

A couple of years ago, I noticed a black dot in the periphery of my left eye's vision. A few months later, that dot became a mesh of clouds and spots. I also noticed some floaters in my left eye. I have been to the eye doctor about four times. It's not blinding, but it does affect my vision and quality of life. Even now, I'm still dealing with them. They're better and worse depending on the day, but I fear this condition will worsen. What scares me also is that it'll stay the same. This problem affects my vision, the activities I choose throughout the day, my psychological health, and is very distracting. Often I'll see things that aren't there, and ignore things that are, because of these floaters.

Comment from: gmcooks, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I was removing a pot from a high overhead rack yesterday where it can only be reached by lifting up from the bottom of the pot. The handle came back towards me and hit me on the right cheek near my eye. Soon after, I noticed these floaters and mentioned it to the gal working with me. At first, I thought it might be a smudge on my contact lenses (I'm very myopic), but I took them out and put on my glasses, and the floaters were still there. My husband says they'll go away, but I'm going to follow up with the eye doctor since there's a little blurriness, too.

Comment from: dor, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

Out of nowhere, today I got in my car and thought there was something flying around; about 1/2 diameter and black. It is in my right eye and it is floating on the peripheral side.

Comment from: Jaycool, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I had cataract surgery, about 2 years ago. Now I notice that I have a floater in my right eye, not constantly. Sometimes it is aggravating. I also just noticed in the past months or so, when I look at a window frame with my left eye, it looks somewhat wavy, and the poles don't' look natural straight. I'm going to my doctor Monday morning, 3/14/16.

Comment from: Angy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I have been suffering from eyes floaters for a while, I have done nothing to get rid of them.

Comment from: Jane3, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 10

I am nearly blind in the left eye; I have lots of floaters and double vision.

Comment from: JMSNQ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have pathological myopia and had surgery for retinal tears on both eyes eight years ago. Everything has been pretty good since then, until one week ago when I began having flashes in my left eye and then a huge floater burst in. This was due to a posterior vitreous detachment. Because of the floater's size and its location in the center of my eye, I cannot escape having to look through it at any time I'm awake and conscious. I'm so disheartened to think I might have it for the rest of my days.

Comment from: SK, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

After a high fever one winter day, masses of floaters abruptly appeared in both of my eyes. They were like spider webs, some rather dark and are of different shapes and sizes. I have been to many doctors and eye specialists but they found my eyes to be very normal and some told me these floaters would go away in time. That was 36 years ago and I am still disturbed by these floaters. They did not go away. More medical research should be done to safely cure people of floaters.

Floaters - Causes Question: What was the cause of your eye floaters?
Floaters - What They Look Like Question: Describe how your floater first appeared, and what it looked like.
Floaters - How Common? Question: At what age did your floater first appear? How often have you gotten a floater(s)?
Floaters - Disappearance Question: Did your eye floater go away? If so, how long did it take? Please share your story.
Floaters - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery to remove floaters? Please share your experience.