Patient Comments: Floaters - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with floaters.

Comment from: Davis88, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I am a 45 year old female who began to have major floaters about 5 years ago. In the last year they have gotten worse. I have to focus on something a few seconds before the floaters move enough to allow me to see it clearly. This makes it very difficult to drive on unfamiliar roads at night. My ophthalmologist says nothing can be done and the fact that I am extremely nearsighted makes the floaters even more obvious to me! She has also told me that the surgeons who claim to get rid of the floaters simply "bust up" the floaters and they become smaller, but all the gel is still there.

Comment from: jterry1245, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I have little floaters before, but nothing like this. I went to the doctors and was told I had a tear in my retina. He did laser treatment and I though the floater would disappear. Well it didn't. I am trying to look around the floater as I type this note. It looks like a brownish color, which was probably blood. I work the night shift and driving tonight was very difficult. I am calling the doctor in the morning and whatever has to happen, this thing has to go!

Comment from: Debra, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

With all the foreign money spent by this country you would think that a cure for floaters would be a good possibility, the same for other diseases such as diabetes. I started have floaters at a fairly young age, all of a sudden my background turned gray and these black dots and crooked lines appeared. It's terrible feeling you may never have your sight back as you remember it.

Comment from: stevieb43, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

I lost my right eye vision from an injury. Now I'm dealing with floaters in my good eye. They are getting worse to the point that I can't do to much detail work. I work on cars, wiring, and small things. It's very frustrating because I believe I'm going blind in my eye. Doctors says they will settle, but it seems to be getting worse.

Comment from: Norm, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 15

Floaters started appearing about two week after I had my left eye operated on.

Floaters - Causes Question: What was the cause of your eye floaters?
Floaters - What They Look Like Question: Describe how your floater first appeared, and what it looked like.
Floaters - How Common? Question: At what age did your floater first appear? How often have you gotten a floater(s)?
Floaters - Eye Diseases Question: Do you have an eye disease associated with floaters? Was the floater a symptom of the eye condition or disease?
Floaters - Disappearance Question: Did your eye floater go away? If so, how long did it take? Please share your story.
Floaters - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery to remove floaters? Please share your experience.