Patient Comments: Eye Allergy - Treatments

What treatment do you use for your eye allergies or allergic eye disease?

Comment from: Kemgirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I have been having problems with my left eye. I went to see the eye doctor and all he said was you have long eye lashes it felt like something was in my eye. He said he saw nothing, he gave me some eye drops that didn't help and the problem is still there it now feels like it in both eyes. I called him back last week which was on 11/18/2011 and told him the problem is still there he called me in more eye drop which is called Polytrim which is not working either. Do I have allergies it is killing me and keeping me from sleeping this all started on 10/31/2011.

Comment from: sruthi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I have been suffering with eye allergy for 8 months. I consulted a doctor but no there's no use. I feel better if I use drops but situation repeats if I don't.

Comment from: 1specialteacher, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I have had watery eyes now for 14 months and I am very miserable! I've been to 4 different doctors and they have treated me with steroids and other drops. Nothing has worked yet. The last doctor wanted to operate and put stents in. He would not tell me it would work at 50 percent chance. I did not follow through with it. I have not changed any medications or cosmetics.

Comment from: NoName, 13-18 (Patient) Published: September 26

Ive been having swelling problems with both eyelid and eyes for almost 2 months now, it was on and off all summer, Now it's constant and won't go back to normal. I've been to a regular doctor and she prescribed me simple artificial tear drops and Claritin allergy pills, that didn't work.. I decided to get a second opinion and they said I had allergic conjunctivitis and prescribed me eye drops and allergy medicine, three weeks later it hasn't gotten better at all. I'm wondering if I should go to the emergency room.

Comment from: Shirley, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I had eye allergies all year around. I used Acular for 10 years 3-4 times a day. Absolutely miserable if I did not have my drops. I now have no more allergies, after getting shots once a week for 3 years from my Allergist Dr. He gave me a 50% chance when I started, but I was so miserable I did it. I have been feeling wonderful for 3 years.

Comment from: Golam Mostofa, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

I have been having problems with my eyes. I went to see the eye doctor and all he said was you have long eye lashes it felt like something was in my eyes. He said he saw nothing, he gave me some eye drops that did help and the problem was temporarily solved, but not long. I called him back last week which was on 11/08/2012 and told him the problem is still there he called me in more eye drop which is called Chloram-D which is working.

Comment from: Laura C., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I read the entire article and much of the symptoms for eye allergy sound like mine. The only thing that is probably the most troublesome is the creasing, dryness, and redness of the skin in the lower corners of both eyes. I am 51 years old and have had great skin all my life. Overnight my eyes appear 10 years older, due to this dryness with deep creases due to the swelling.

Published: March 04

When they are just beginning to bother me more I use a prescription eye drop called Optivar which helps a lot. When my eyes are severely affected I have had a Kenalog injection which helped a great deal. Then I go to my allergist. I think a good allergist helps the most.

Eye Allergies - Causes Question: Why do you think you developed an eye allergy? Did treatment help?
Eye Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with eye allergies? Do you have other allergies?
Eye Allergies - Eyelids Question: Do you have eyelid allergies? What were your symptoms? Have you found a helpful treatment?
Eye Allergies - Personal Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eye allergies.
Eye Allergies - Prevention Question: What are the triggers for your eye allergies? How do you prevent them?