Patient Comments: Eye Allergy - Treatments

What treatment do you use for your eye allergies or allergic eye disease?

Published: March 04

When they are just beginning to bother me more I use a prescription eye drop called Optivar which helps a lot. When my eyes are severely affected I have had a Kenalog injection which helped a great deal. Then I go to my allergist. I think a good allergist helps the most.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Golam Mostofa, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

I have been having problems with my eyes. I went to see the eye doctor and all he said was you have long eye lashes it felt like something was in my eyes. He said he saw nothing, he gave me some eye drops that did help and the problem was temporarily solved, but not long. I called him back last week which was on 11/08/2012 and told him the problem is still there he called me in more eye drop which is called Chloram-D which is working.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Eye Allergies - Causes Question: Why do you think you developed an eye allergy? Did treatment help?
Eye Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with eye allergies? Do you have other allergies?
Eye Allergies - Eyelids Question: Do you have eyelid allergies? What were your symptoms? Have you found a helpful treatment?
Eye Allergies - Personal Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eye allergies.
Eye Allergies - Prevention Question: What are the triggers for your eye allergies? How do you prevent them?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors