Patient Comments: Eye Allergies - Prevention

What are the triggers for your eye allergies? How do you prevent them?

Comment from: rodnsue, (Patient) Published: June 02

I am just starting a new hobby, gardening. I have taken out a hydrangea bush, a small juniper shrub and some nasty weeds with thousands of burrs. Now I have itchy, red, swollen, eyes that feel like I have dust in them but I can"t actually see anything. Eyelids are swollen upper and under, feel like my eyes are dry all the time, so I"m thinking these plants are the cause of all my trouble.

Comment from: Suziquzi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have narrowed down my allergies to something in certain eye makeup colors. Brand makes no difference, but the purple shades of shadow and liner cause me immediate trouble. Most recently, even an azure blue has caused a reaction.

Eye Allergy - Treatments Question: What treatment do you use for your eye allergies or allergic eye disease?
Eye Allergies - Causes Question: Why do you think you developed an eye allergy? Did treatment help?
Eye Allergies - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with eye allergies? Do you have other allergies?
Eye Allergies - Eyelids Question: Do you have eyelid allergies? What were your symptoms? Have you found a helpful treatment?
Eye Allergies - Personal Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eye allergies.