Eye Allergy Index
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics may cause eye allergies. Allergic eye conditions include allergic conjunctivitis, conjunctivitis with atopic dermatitis, vernal keratoconjunctivitis, and giant papillary conjunctivitis. Dry eye, tear-duct obstruction, and conjunctivitis due to infection are frequently confused with eye allergies. Eye allergies may be treated with topical antihistamines, decongestants, topical mast-cell stabilizers, topical antiinflammatory drugs, systemic medications, and allergy shots.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- loratadine, Claritin, Claritin RediTabs, Alavert, Claritin Hives Relief, Children's Claritin
- fexofenadine, Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Children's Allegra, Mucinex Allergy
A sty is a bump that forms on the eyelid as a result of a blocked gland. Styes may be caused by infections, burns, or trauma to...learn more »
In This Article
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Article
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis facts
- What is Hashimoto's thyroditis?
- What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
- What are the signs and symptoms of Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
- How is Hashimoto's thyroiditis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment of Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
- Is there a special diet for someone with Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
- Is there a natural treatment for Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
- Should I be concerned if I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and want to become
- Can Hashimoto's thyroiditis be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for someone with Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...learn more »
In This Article
- Eczema facts
- What is eczema?
- Are there different types of eczema? What causes eczema?
- What are eczema symptoms and signs?
- How is eczema diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for eczema?
- What are home remedies for eczema?
- Does diet affect eczema?
- Is there a cure for eczema?
- Is eczema contagious?
- What is the prognosis of eczema?
- Is it possible to prevent eczema?
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...learn more »
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »