Exercise and Activity Index
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety. There are fitness programs that fit any age or lifestyle.
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...learn more »
A hernia occurs when an organ or piece of tissue protrudes from the space in which it is normally contained. Symptoms of a hernia...learn more »
In This Article
- What is an abdominal hernia?
- What are the different types of abdominal hernias?
- What causes an abdominal hernia?
- What are the signs and symptoms of an abdominal hernia?
- How are abdominal hernias diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for an abdominal hernia?
- What non-surgical treatments are available for an abdominal hernia?
- What is the prognosis for an abdominal hernia?
- Can an abdominal hernia be prevented?
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...learn more »
In This Article
Jock Itch Article
- Jock itch facts
- What is jock itch? What does jock itch look like?
- What causes jock itch?
- Who gets jock itch?
- What are jock itch symptoms and signs?
- Does jock itch affect the entire body?
- How is jock itch diagnosed?
- Is jock itch curable? Is jock itch contagious?
- What are possible complications of jock itch?
- What is the treatment for jock itch?
- What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
- What holistic jock itch treatments are available?
- How do I treat fungal jock itch?
- How do I treat bacterial jock itch?
- How is itching from jock itch treated?
- What is the best drug for jock itch?
- Why is my groin still discolored?
- What is the prognosis with jock itch?
- When should someone call a doctor about jock itch?
- Is it possible to prevent jock itch?
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...learn more »
In This Article
- Rosacea facts
- What is rosacea? Is rosacea contagious?
- Is rosacea like acne?
- What are causes and risk factors of rosacea?
- What are rosacea symptoms and signs?
- How is rosacea diagnosed?
- How does rosacea affect the nose and the eyes?
- Is there a cure for rosacea?
- What about using acne medicine for rosacea?
- What is the treatment for rosacea?
- What are rosacea triggers? Is there a rosacea diet? What foods are good for rosacea?
- What natural treatments or home remedies can help rosacea?
- Does rosacea get worse with age?
- How should people care for their facial skin?
- How are the telangiectasias (the red lines) treated?
- How is a rhinophyma (the W.C. Fields nose) treated?
- What effect may rosacea have on a person's life?
- Where can people get more information about rosacea?