GENERIC NAME: Oenothera
BRAND NAME: Evening primrose oil, Common Evening Primrose, Fever plant, Sun drops
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
PRESCRIBED FOR: Oenothera is used for:
- breast pain,
- premenstrual syndrome,
- high cholesterol,
- leg pain,
- rheumatoid arthritis, and
SIDE EFFECTS: Side effects of Oenothera include:
Other side effects include:
- increase bruising,
- bleeding, and
DOSAGE (dosing recommmendations may vary with supplier):
- Breast pain: Take 3 to 4 g by mouth once daily.
- Eczema: Take 4 to 6 g by mouth once daily.
- Premenstrual syndrome: Take 2 to 4 g by mouth once daily.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Take 540 mg to 2.8 g by mouth daily.
Quick GuideLower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.