Patient Comments: Eustachian Tube Problems - Treatments

How was your Eustachian tube problem treated?

Comment from: Ella, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I had two sinus operations. I thought I was relieved during the first operation. Then I had the second one. After two years, sinus is not my only problem, it escalated to ear blockage. I went to my ENT specialist, and I had two instances in which grommets had been fitted off and on. Now it winter, and suffering with Eustachian tube problem. It's been almost two weeks now, that I tried all the medications. Nose spray, eucalyptus inhaler, nose inhaler and still the problem persists. My only hope is my daily prayer that God, Lord Jesus will do a miracle for me.

Comment from: DingleBell, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I too have Eustachian tube problems, especially in the left side. I think you could find those of us who suffer from this in an allergic way are actually also suffering food intolerances. I am lactose intolerant, and it was swelling my tonsils when I ate dairy, so I kicked it. When I eat wheat-based or soy products, my ears get worse, and often itchy, and the pressure builds. When I encounter allergens, or chemicals (which I have sensitivity to), bam, my ears get worse. My ENT doctor said to get my tonsils out after years of problems, but I don't think cutting a part of your body out is a positive thing unless it's rotting, causing critical obstruction or is cancerous. I am going to the immunologist to get proper allergy testing done, and then I will find a good naturopath. Remember the body is a whole: If something is failing, it may be because of something else. Research like mad! And don't take the doctor's word as the final one.

Comment from: Mare, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I have had continuing ear problems my entire life. After many tube insertions in both ears my doctor advised that he can no longer place tubes as there is too much scar tissue now. He suggested a new remedy that is having much success. It is called The Ear Popper. I just got mine today, and it seems to work. It has to be prescribed by your doctor.

Comment from: doda, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

My Eustachian tube was blocked. I think it may have been caused by a blood pressure pill but not for sure. The treatment is to gargle 1/2 ounce of lemon juice 3 times a day. It was cleared in 4 days. This has happened to me 2 times. By the time you contort, whence and whatever it clears the tube. This treatment was suggested to me by my doctor. It works.

Comment from: Dlt48, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I had a new procedure called eustachian tube dilation, by dr Brian weeks in San Diego. My ears were clicking and crackling, and i had constant pressure in my head. It's gone thanks to this new surgery. It was documented on THE DRS TV show if anyone is interested in seeing the surgery. It truly saved my life. This is a devastating problem that no one can truly understand unless they have it.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

Previously had bad problems with fluttering in ears almost driving me mad. Discovered I had an allergy to dairy products so stopped all milk, cheese etc. It worked a treat with all symptoms disappearing within a short time. The dairy seemed to be causing congestion and blocking the Eustachian tubes. Worth a try.

Comment from: Louise, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I have had severe ET dysfunction for 18 years. Have been to 8 ENT's and nothing has really helped that much. Have had 3 sets of tubes put in and used many nasal sprays and have been on prednisone 4 different times. I have recently heard of a somewhat new operation to correct ET dysfunction called ET Tuboplasty. It is performed by several east coast Doctors and one is in San Diego. Has anyone heard of this surgery or had it done. Would love to have more info on it. Am seriously thinking of calling the Doc in San Diego and making an appointment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Eustachian Tube Problems - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eustachian tube problems.
Eustachian Tube Problems - Altitude and Air Travel Question: Did air travel or a change in altitude cause your Eustachian tube problems? Please share your experience.
Eustachian Tube Problems - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms do you or your child suffer with Eustachian tube dysfunction or blockage?