Eustachian Tube Problems Index
The Eustachian tube is a membrane lined tube that connects the middle ear space to the back of the nose. Problems include partial or complete blockage which can cause popping, clicking, and ear fullness. Allergies, sinus and ear infections, or the common cold can cause this blockage, while altitude changes can cause symptoms in those persons with Eustachian tube problems. Treatment includes several maneuvers (swallowing, chewing gum, yawning etc.), which can be done to improve Eustachian tube function.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Ear
There are three sections of the ear, according to the anatomy textbooks. They are the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner...learn more »
It is thought that the tonsils and adenoids assist the body in fighting incoming bacteria and viruses by helping the body form...learn more »
In This Article
- Tonsillitis and adenoid infection facts
- What are the tonsils and adenoids?
- What is the purpose of the tonsils and adenoids?
- What are the symptoms of tonsillitis or an adenoid infection?
- What does tonsillitis look like?
- Can someone catch tonsillitis from another person?
- What are common problems affecting the tonsils and adenoids?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection diagnosed?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection treated?
- What home remedies help soothe tonsillitis?
- When should the tonsils and/or adenoids be removed?
In This Article
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip Article
- Chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip facts
- Where are the sinuses, and what do they look like?
- What are rhinitis and post-nasal drip?
- What causes rhinitis?
- Is rhinitis always related to allergies?
- What conditions cause an abnormal production of nasal secretions?
- What conditions cause an impaired clearance of nasal secretions?
- How can chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip be treated?
- What medications can be used to treat rhinitis and post-nasal drip?
- What can be used to treat non-allergic rhinitis?
- Does salt water
or nasal irrigation have any role in the treatment of rhinitis and post-nasal drip?
- What are other options for the treatment of rhinitis and post-nasal drip?
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...learn more »
Jet lag (desynchonosis) is a temporary disorder that results from travel across time zones. Symptoms include anxiety,...learn more »
In This Article
Jet Lag Article
- What is jet lag?
- What are other symptoms and signs of jet lag?
- What is a time zone?
causes jet lag?
- How does the body keep time?
- What is the role of melatonin in jet lag?
- Does the direction of travel matter?
- Do the symptoms of jet lag vary in intensity?
- What are risk factors for jet lag?
- How long does jet lag last?
- Should people take melatonin for jet lag?
- Are there any remedies for jet lag? Is it possible to prevent jet lag?