Conjugated Estrogens (Cenestin, Enjuvia, Estrace, and Others) is a class of drug that comprises mixtures of man-made natural estrogens to be prescribed as a source of replacement for the natural female hormone. Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, storage, and risks should be reviewed prior to taking conjugated estrogens.
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...learn more »
Night sweats are severe hot flashes that occur at night and result in a drenching sweat. In order to distinguish night sweats...learn more »
Vulvodynia or vaginal pain, genital pain is a condition in which women have chronic vulvar pain with no known cause. There are...learn more »
In This Article
Vaginal Pain Article
- Vaginal pain and vulvodynia facts
- What is vaginal pain (vulvodynia)?
- What causes vaginal pain and/or vulvodynia?
- What about vaginal pain during pregnancy?
- What symptoms are characteristic of vaginal pain and vulvodynia?
- What are risk factors for vaginal pain and vulvodynia?
- How is vaginal pain and vulvodynia diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for vaginal pain and vulvodynia?
- Medications and other medical therapies for vaginal pain and vulvodynia
- Home remedies for vaginal pain and vulvodynia
- What are the complications of vaginal pain and vulvodynia?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for vaginal pain and vulvodynia?
Raynaud's phenomenon is characterized by a pale-blue-red sequence of color changes of the digits, most commonly after exposure to...learn more »
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...learn more »
In This Article
- Cancer facts
- What is cancer?
- What causes cancer?
- What are cancer symptoms and signs?
- What are the different types of cancer?
- How is cancer diagnosed?
- How is cancer staging determined?
- What is the treatment for cancer?
- Are there home remedies or alternative treatments for cancer?
- What is the prognosis for cancer?
- Can cancer be prevented?
- Where can people find more information about cancer?
Perimenopause is the time in a woman's life when she is approaching menopause. During this time a woman starts to develop...learn more »
In This Article
- Perimenopause facts
- How does the menstrual cycle work?
- What is perimenopause?
- 1. Irregular vaginal bleeding or menses
- 2. Hot flashes or flushes
- 3. Night sweats
- 4. Breast tenderness
- 5. Weight gain
- 6. Nausea
- 7. Mood changes
- 8. Decreased libido (sex drive)
- 9. Decreased fertility
- 10. Loss of bone density
- 11. Vaginal pain during intercourse
- 12. Bladder problems
- 13. Alterations of blood cholesterol levels
- What kind of doctor treats a woman in perimenopause?
- When should I contact my doctor if I think I may be experiencing perimenopausal symptoms?
- How is perimenopause diagnosed?
- What types of medications ease perimenopausal symptoms?
- Oral contraceptives
- Systemic hormonal products (medications)
- Topical vaginal estrogen
- Gabapentin (Neurontin)
- Antidepressant medications
- What alternative medical therapies help ease perimenopausal symptoms?
- 8 Lifestyle changes to help ease perimenopausal symptoms