Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...learn more »
Migraine headaches are
severe headaches that are
sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...learn more »
In This Article
Migraine Headache Article
- Migraine headache definition and facts
- What is a migraine headache?
- What is migraine with aura?
- What are migraine triggers?
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- What causes migraines?
- What are the risk factors?
- How can I tell if it's a migraine or a different type of headache?
- What are the treatments for migraine headaches?
- Migraine medications
- What remedies and lifestyle changes help manage and decrease the frequency of migraines?
- How are migraines managed during pregnancy?
- How are migraines managed in children?
- What is the prognosis for a person with migraines?
- Can the frequency of headaches be prevented?
A dry socket is a potential complication that can occur when a blood clot in the gums becomes dislodged after a tooth extraction....learn more »
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...learn more »
In This Article
- Osteoporosis facts
- What is osteoporosis?
- What are osteoporosis causes and risk factors?
- What are osteoporosis symptoms and signs?
- What are the consequences of osteoporosis?
- Why is osteoporosis an important public health issue?
- What factors determine bone strength?
- What tests do health care professionals use in the diagnosis of osteoporosis?
- What types of health care professionals treat osteoporosis?
- Who should have bone density testing?
- What is the treatment for osteoporosis, and can osteoporosis be prevented?
- Exercise, quitting cigarettes, and curtailing alcohol
- Calcium supplements for osteoporosis
- Vitamin D for osteoporosis
- Can adding certain foods to one's diet help to prevent osteoporosis?
- Are there foods to avoid when it comes to osteoporosis?
- Hormone therapy (menopausal hormone therapy)
- Medications that prevent bone loss and breakdown
- Choosing an osteoporosis medication
- Prevention of osteoporosis due to long-term corticosteroids
- Monitoring osteoporosis therapy
- Prevention of hip fractures in elderly people with osteoporosis
- What are complications of osteoporosis?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with osteoporosis?
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...learn more »
Perimenopause is the time in a woman's life when she is approaching menopause. During this time a woman starts to develop...learn more »
In This Article
- Perimenopause facts
- How does the menstrual cycle work?
- What is perimenopause?
- 1. Irregular vaginal bleeding or menses
- 2. Hot flashes or flushes
- 3. Night sweats
- 4. Breast tenderness
- 5. Weight gain
- 6. Nausea
- 7. Mood changes
- 8. Decreased libido (sex drive)
- 9. Decreased fertility
- 10. Loss of bone density
- 11. Vaginal pain during intercourse
- 12. Bladder problems
- 13. Alterations of blood cholesterol levels
- What kind of doctor treats a woman in perimenopause?
- When should I contact my doctor if I think I may be experiencing perimenopausal symptoms?
- How is perimenopause diagnosed?
- What types of medications ease perimenopausal symptoms?
- Oral contraceptives
- Systemic hormonal products (medications)
- Topical vaginal estrogen
- Gabapentin (Neurontin)
- Antidepressant medications
- What alternative medical therapies help ease perimenopausal symptoms?
- 8 Lifestyle changes to help ease perimenopausal symptoms