Patient Comments: Esophagitis - Causes

What caused your esophagitis?

Comment from: BonnieLLW, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

I developed esophagitis from taking Boniva for osteoporosis. I was then given Nexium, but long-term use of Nexium can cause osteoporosis! I felt I was in a circle of treatment that would never end so I quit taking Boniva and no longer needed to take Nexium. I'm still trying to find a medication for osteoporosis that I can tolerate without serious side effects.

Comment from: Andrea, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

Oh my goodness, this hurts! A couple weeks ago, I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. Being that I've had allergic reactions to erythromycin, my doctor put me on doxycycline to treat it. Well...The doxycycline caused this esophagitis!

Esophagitis - Effective Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your esophagitis?
Esophagitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of esophagitis?
Esophagitis - Diet Question: What diet changes have you been made to help your esophagitis?