Patient Comments: Esophagitis - Diet

Question:What diet changes have you been made to help your esophagitis?

Comment from: RRinchains, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 28

I have GERD due to a hiatal hernia. I have had 2 TIF (transoral incisionless fundoplication) procedures as well as the procedure to correct the hernia. I have been taking lansoprazole 40 mg every 12 hours for a few years. I lead a healthy lifestyle. For the past month, I can't eat because I feel as if I have the food still stuck in the throat even though there is nothing there. I have to cough violently or pretend to throw up in order to jar that muscle in order to clear that sensation. The gastroenterologist gave me Dexalyn to assist with that sensation. I am not able to eat and have lost 20 lb. in 20 days. I am also taking fluticasone every 12 hours to cut down the extra saliva this GERD produces. I have cut out dairy products that accelerate the saliva. I am under the care of general surgeon assisting, a gastroenterologist, an ear, nose, and throat specialist, physician as well as the family doctor. I need to eat. I wonder if it is this fluticasone causing the inflammation causing this sensation. It is driving me crazy with anxiety.

Esophagitis - Effective Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your esophagitis?
Esophagitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of esophagitis?
Esophagitis - Causes Question: What caused your esophagitis?