Patient Comments: Esophagitis - Effective Treatments

Question:What treatments have been effective for your esophagitis?

Comment from: Spesh, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 17

My Daughter is 2 years old and has allergies to soy, wheat, rice, strawberries, and to nuts (tree nuts - we have to call 911 if she eats or is introduced to them). We had an endoscopy procedure done recently that tested positive for Esophagitis. We are looking for the best effective treatments, doctors or advice. Since our daughter is too young to talk to us, we would like to know what things. If you have Esophagitis makes your throat feel better or helps you get through the day.

Comment from: bethany , 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I have just been cured of esophagitis and I had a operation where they take part of your stomach and twist it round your esophagus it has been very effective to me.

Comment from: dogluver, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I've had problems with this now for quite awhile. Began with just the heartburn. Then it has become hard to swallow certain pills and food. I currently am trying Protonix 80mg. once a day. I do think this has been of help in a lot of ways, but I have to take a lot of meds do to my systemic lupus disease. I have a lot of problems taking a large pill. It seems to get stuck as it travels down the throat. Then at times the pill or food will come back up. My diet has been a lot of chocolate, plus a lot of diet coke. I'm changing my diet and hope this will help things out. I've tried a lot of the other medicines for this, but see some improvement with Protonix.

Esophagitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of esophagitis?
Esophagitis - Causes Question: What caused your esophagitis?
Esophagitis - Diet Question: What diet changes have you been made to help your esophagitis?