erythromycin base gel - topical, A/T/S, Emgel, Erygel
GENERIC NAME: ERYTHROMYCIN BASE GEL - TOPICAL (eh-rith-row-MY-sin)
BRAND NAME(S): A/T/S, Emgel, Erygel
USES: This medication is used to treat acne. It helps to reduce the number of pimples. Erythromycin is an antibiotic (macrolide-type). It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This product contains a large amount of alcohol which dries extra oils from the skin.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions