Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography is a procedure that uses a small scope to examine the stomach and intestines. The patient should not eat anything after midnight on the evening preceding the exam. Patients will be giving anesthesia to decrease the gag reflex and medication to cause relaxation and sleepiness. Associated side effects and complications include infection, pancreatitis, bowel perforation, drug reactions, and bleeding.
Picture of Pancreas
Front View of the Pancreas. The pancreas is about 6 inches long and sits across the back of the abdomen, behind the stomach. See...learn more »
Picture of Stomach
The stomach is a muscular sac located on the left side of the upper abdomen. See a picture of the Stomach and learn more about...learn more »
In This Article
Jaundice (Hyperbilirubinemia in Adults) Article
- Jaundice definition and facts
- What causes jaundice in adults?
- What are pre-hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are post-hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are the signs and symptoms of jaundice in adults?
- What are the risk factors for jaundice in adults?
- What exams and tests diagnose jaundice in adults?
- What is the treatment for jaundice in adults?
- What are the
complications of jaundice in adults?
- Can jaundice in adults be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for an adult with jaundice?
are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in
the gallbladder) can be as small as...learn more »
Pancreatitis is a rare disease in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. There are two types of pancreatitis: acute and chronic....learn more »
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...learn more »
In This Article
Pancreatic Cancer Article
- Pancreatic cancer facts
- What does a pancreas do?
- What is cancer?
- What is pancreatic cancer and its types?
- What are pancreatic cancer causes and risk factors?
- What are pancreatic cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer made?
- How is pancreatic cancer staged?
- What is the treatment for resectable pancreatic cancer?
- What is the treatment for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer?
- What is the treatment for metastatic pancreatic cancer?
- What are the side effects of pancreatic cancer treatment?
- What is the survival rate with pancreatic cancer?
- What research is being done on pancreatic cancer?
- Is complimentary or alternative medicine effective in pancreatic cancer treatment?
- Is it possible to prevent pancreatic cancer?
- Where can people get support when coping with pancreatic cancer?
- Where can people find additional information about pancreatic cancer?