GENERIC NAME: sofosbuvir and velpatasvir
BRAND NAME: Epclusa
GENERIC AVAILABLE: No
- Epclusa is used to treat chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1, 2,3,4,5 or 6 infection in adults without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis.
- It also may be combined with ribavirin (Rebetol) for treatment of adults with decompensated cirrhosis.
Common side effects of Epclusa include:
Other side effects of Epclusa include:
Other less common side effects of Epclusa include:
- Increased blood levels of lipase
- Increased blood levels of creatinine kinase
- Increased blood levels of indirect bilirubin
Possible serious side effects include:
- There is an increased risk of low heart rate (bradycardia) when Epclusa is combined with amiodarone (Cordarone).
Quick GuideHepatitis C (Hep C) Symptoms and Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.