Patient Comments: Eosinophilic Esophagitis - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with eosinophilic esophagitis?

Comment from: Karsert, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 19

My 5 year old son has just been diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis (EE). He had the same issues with his bottle when he was four months old, vomited after every bottle and lost a lot of weight. This stopped suddenly when he was 7 months old but has still reappeared over the years and has just been diagnosed as EE.

Comment from: Diego, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 08

I'm a 34-yr old male who has suffered for 3 yrs with eosinophilic esophagitis (EE). Wine and Beer are my triggers, which has been tragic, since I like them. The endoscopy seemed to help with the consistent food swallowing issues (5 times a week), but after 18 months the swallowing issues seems to be back. I probably catch food in my throat one time a week. Steroid inhalers and acid reflux medications did not seem to help.

Comment from: nejake, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 25

Just diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis after being scoped. I've been suffering for years with this condition. My doctor is going to break the rings I believe. I have a consultation with him next Friday, and I hope all goes well.

Eosinophilic Esophagitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with eosinophilic esophagitis.
Eosinophilic Esophagitis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your case of eosinophilic esophagitis?
Eosinophilic Esophagitis - Diet Question: Did you try an elimination diet to treat eosinophilic esophagitis? Please share your story.
Eosinophilic Esophagitis - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of eosinophilic esophagitis.