Patient Comments: Enlarged Spleen - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with an enlarged spleen?

A Doctor's View on Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) Symptoms

Read the Comment by John P. Cunha, DO, FACOEP

Enlarged spleen symptoms can include pain in your left shoulder blade or shoulder area when taking a deep breath, pain in your upper stomach, or a bloated feeling without eating a meal. Since an enlarged spleen is caused by other disease or conditions, you may also have fatigue, nausea, or weight loss. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I have a slightly enlarged spleen and an enlarged liver. My spleen is causing a lower platelet count. My liver is fibrous. I don't know what to do or if there is a right answer. Besides that, I feel pretty good.

Comment from: Audry33, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have been having belly pain for months, I have lost 20 pounds in the last month. I am nauseous all the time. I can't eat, or after I am in horrible pain and my armpit into my back has started hurting! I am afraid to eat because of the pain. I found out recently that my spleen is enlarged.

Enlarged Spleen - Cause Question: What caused your case of an enlarged spleen?
Enlarged Spleen - Treatment Question: What treatments were effective for your case of enlarged spleen?
Enlarged Spleen - Complications Question: What complications did you have with an enlarged spleen?