Patient Comments: Enlarged Spleen - Cause

What caused your case of an enlarged spleen?

Comment from: Toy Story, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I have portal hypertension and an enlarged spleen due to treatment for cancer when I was young. I have low counts on all my blood results. It makes me feel tired, I am prone to infection, and feel generally unwell.

Comment from: Mr. K, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

Crohn's disease, Type 2 Diabetic, Liver Transplant recipient, appendix and Gall Bladder removed. Enlarge Spleen, anemic, loss of appetite resulting in 30 pound loss in the last 2 months. Occasional night Sweats.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

My spleen is enlarged due to Typhi H infection. I have a very low level of energy all day. The symptoms are painful and indescribable.

Comment from: kiwisrock, 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 07

My enlarged spleen is the result of cirrhosis of the liver which has occurred from the pain medicines I take for a shoulder injury I got at work 4 years ago. My spleen measures roughly 21cm, and with that and my enlarged liver, I look about 9 months pregnant, I have to lose weight and hopefully that will reverse some of the symptoms.

Enlarged Spleen - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with an enlarged spleen?
Enlarged Spleen - Treatment Question: What treatments were effective for your case of enlarged spleen?
Enlarged Spleen - Complications Question: What complications did you have with an enlarged spleen?