Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Symptoms

The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?

Comment from: kk, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

Every month during my cycle I have bad period pains, and nothing seems to work for it.

Comment from: Patience, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I am 32 years old and have been suffering with this disease for four years now. About two years ago, I had a laparoscopy, and even after that I am in constant pain. I have lost two jobs, and feel angry and depressed all the time. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who is loving and caring. The pain is unbearable. I am now on a new drug called Visanne that will hopefully bring some kind of relief. To all woman suffering from this – be strong; I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment from: rlebarks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I'm 26 and have pain and on the left side of my pelvis. Nothing seems to help the pain. My mother had endometriosis and I have the symptoms. I don't know whether I should ask my gynecologist about this or just stop worrying.

Comment from: wonder, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I'm just 15 years old and I don't know what to think. I've been to the doctor because of a bladder infection and recently had these symptoms – I experience pain while going to the bathroom, even when I'm urinating. Recently, I started having heavy menstrual cycles.

Comment from: BrittanyMae, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I am 21 years old and have a 5- year-old son. I was diagnosed with endometriosis a year ago. About two years ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy due to endometriosis. My right fallopian tube ruptured and I lost about a liter of blood. I had a laparoscopy done to remove my right fallopian tube and ovary. Since then, I've had chronic pain in my pelvis, back, and left leg. Also, I suffer from nausea. My doctor put me on birth control about eight months ago to control the pain and it does not help at all. I'm currently waiting on my insurance to approve a hormone shot my doctor said might help. I've been doing some research on the medications and the side effects are not too promising. I'm a little nervous and don't know what to do. The pain is so bad that I can't last a full day at work, I don't want to get out of bed, and the thought of eating makes me more nauseous than before. Not being able to take care of my son makes it so much harder.

Comment from: ksavard, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I have had horrible periods for the last few years. I just went for surgery yesterday (laparoscopy) because the doctor thought I had a dermoid cyst on my left ovary. Once he got in there he found endometriosis. It so bad, that my tubes are fused with my uterus. This is so scary because I still want another child. I'm only 25 years old

Comment from: Youngin, 19-24 Female Published: March 05

I am 22 years old and have constant loose bowel movements due to the pain on the lower right side of my uterus and Fallopian tube. I have had to use the bathroom frequently due to the pain. Lower back pain now is everywhere back pain. Nausea. Most importantly though every time this happens, you can feel my uterus get really hard. I've been to the ER numerous times and my doctor won't do much.

Comment from: LadyLizardWizard3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been dealing with mild to severe pelvic pain for years. I found out that I had an ovarian cyst on my right ovary about 5 years ago. I have dealt with the pain, while doctors told me my pain was in my head. This past week I found a new doctor in my area. I had another ultrasound done and found that the cyst ruptured. I also have a new cyst on the left ovary. I went to the doctor today and he tells me that I have endometriosis. The only way to find out 100% is to have surgery. A full hysterectomy is in order. I am scared to death, not knowing what this could do to me. I am only 33 years old.

Endometriosis - Treatments Question: Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.
Endometriosis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with endometriosis.
Endometriosis: Diet Question: Please share your experience with the endometriosis diet?