Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Treatments

Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?

Comment from: anonymous, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I am suffering from genital herpes. If you want to finish off the outbreaks finish coffee, black tea, chocolate and cola from your life. I have done this and my monthly outbreaks which lasted for 5 years have stopped since almost two years. Yes, if I take any of above mentioned items for a few days I get outbreaks again. I am herpes-free man till I don't take these items. Wish you all best of luck.

Comment from: Annie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I have had collagenous colitis for 5 months. I am now suffering every day and taking at least 8 Imodium per day and breaking right through them. I was prescribed and was taking 3 Entocort tablets at one time, along with 2 Lomotil every 6 hours and still breaking through. I have absolutely no life because there is absolutely no warning. My doctor tells me it has nothing to do with what you eat. I now am being sent to a specialist and can't get in until November. I can't continue to live like this. I eat normally as my doctor says that this has nothing to do with what you eat. I am at my wits end.

Comment from: Ms. Hopeful, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I am 45 and have wanted to conceive, but have not been able to get pregnant yet. I know my husband is disappointed and this has hurt my marriage some. Anyway, I have dealt with irregular and heavy bleeding for years. I had surgery in 2010 for endometriosis, and it got better. However, now I am having tremendous pain during the first 3 days of my cycle. No medication seems to help, just puts me to sleep. I still want a child, but not sure if possible at my age. I am considering a fertility specialist. If that does not work, I believe I will have the hysterectomy because the pain is awful and I don't want that the rest of my life.

Comment from: pradeepa, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

I am 29. I have a kid of 4 years. Now I am affected by pelvic pain. As I went to doctor (DGO) she suggested to me to have a second baby, and during the delivery we will clear this problem too. I wonder if this the right solution given by her and I will not get this endometriosis again.

Comment from: Laura, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I have had problems since I was 15, I haven't had a period in 14 years. Now I am 30, and I was diagnosed with endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome. I had surgery this past December and then had the Mirena inserted in February this year. I had been in severe pain for years and nothing has helped. I cannot work, clean my house, walk my dogs or just live a normal life. I am now going to see a different doctor to get a second opinion to see if I can just have a hysterectomy because I cannot deal with this any longer. I have seen several doctors and no one seems to be concerned that I have not had a period in 14 years or that I have I have had tons of reoccurring cysts always on my right ovary and now I am getting fibroid tumors in my uterus. I also had loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) done in July of last year and have been bleeding every day for 9 months now. No doctor seems to be worried about that and I am not talking spotting. I have been bleeding like my body is trying to make up for lost time of not bleeding or something. So hopefully when I go see this new doctor next week I will finally get something done because this is driving me crazy.

Comment from: Anya070479, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was around 22 after my ex-boyfriend found me curled up on the bathroom floor hysterically crying after emptying my bladder. I am now 35 and have had 10 scope surgeries to clean out the adhesions and scar tissue. Last surgery I had was robotic and it was the worst recovery. Sex is extremely painful therefore I've lost my sex drive. Emptying a full bladder or having a large bowel movement also causes it to flare up. My gynecologist keeps suggesting a total hysterectomy, but mentally I'm just not ready. Now I'm starting to wonder if I have interstitial cystitis because I can't believe that endometriosis is the only reason for my misery. It's very depressing. I used to be on pain pills for every period, but I've given up on taking those. Surgeries would provide relief for a few months... 18 months was the best time. It's just depressing and frustrating and scary.

Endometriosis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.
Endometriosis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with endometriosis.
Endometriosis: Diet Question: Please share your experience with the endometriosis diet?