Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Treatments

Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?

Comment from: sweety, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010 and had it removed. Everything seemed okay until 2012, I started having severe period pain during and after period. I was also having sharp pain on my lower right abdomen, lower back and cramp on my upper right leg. I was sent to gynecologist who told me it is endometriosis. It's now been three weeks since I had it taken out but I still experience severe abdominal pains, pain in pelvis and cramps in the right leg. Sometimes it's so bad I can't sit or lie down. My general physician keeps saying I should give it 4 weeks. The problems is pain killers are not helping.

Comment from: Sweetee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I am 33 years old. Three years ago, after suffering with painful periods for more than 16 years, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and fibroids. My doctor said if I wanted children, I should have them sooner rather than later--which was a worry since there wasn't anyone special in my life. This is such a painful disease and it's been so hard to diagnose. Although I have tried to live with this, I am fed up with having a hot water bottle constantly strapped to me and taking strong painkillers that don't seem to work. I've gotten to the point where I must consider surgical treatment for this condition since I can no longer take the pain. Yet I'm devastated if it prevented me from having children. I sympathize with other women who have this condition and advise anyone who is unsure to listen to her body. It's taken me so many visits to the doctor, but hopefully surgery will be the end of this painful road.

Comment from: mommaof2, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I am 27 and was diagnosed with endometriosis at 21. I was told not to wait past age 25 to have children. I had lap with D&C and also took one dose of Lupron along with add back therapy for treatment. I tried several forms of birth control with no results. I was even more irregular and passed lg blood clots. I had my 1st child in 2009 and my 2nd in 2011. I had a boy and girl so I decided to have my tubes tied. Since I have experienced irregular periods and pain with intercourse. Saw my OBGYN PA and she suggested ablation. Still unsure of my decision, but wanted to share my story for all the young ladies out there concerned with fertility. There is hope, I became pregnant without assistance very easily despite my condition. Good Luck to all of you in your attempts to conceive.

Comment from: ninalee51102, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I am 31 years old and have been dealing with endometriosis since my early 20's I have had a HSG test done and one of my tubes was blocked but still in massive pain so a year later I had a laparoscopy and was put on a shot to shut everything down so that my body could heal itself and three years later I was back to having massive pain yet again was put at the same shot again to shut everything down but it hasn't helped at all I am still in so much pain even when it's not that time of the month I will just have cramps from out of the blue that brings me to my knees and now I just don't know what to do.

Comment from: vascogal, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

In the mid 1980's, while in my early 20's, I had severe pain on and off for months. One time, while being examined by my gynocologist, I had to grab his arm and move it away from me because of the pain. He referred me to another doctor for "pain control" therapy. At that point, I would have seen anyone in hopes that it would help, but was insulted when it turned out the other doctor was a psychiatrist who was more interested in my childhood than in my pain. The fact they thought the pain was all in my head was humiliating. I found another doctor who immediately discussed endometriosis, scheduled a laparoscopy, and low and behold found the cause. He ended up doing two laparoscopies over a three year period. I have two beautiful boys now, and no problems since. I hope that someday science will offer a non-evasive test for this. Immediate diagnosis without surgery would benefit us all.

Comment from: maria, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

Hello, my name is maria , from phillippines, anyway I've been having this problem since i turn 48 year old, heavy bleeding of my period for a month, then i went to the doctor and consul my problem regarding this i have made a ultrasound to find out what went wrong till they told me that i have this endotrium /d/c case i was so afraid and worry, after finding out my case they suggested to take a injection to hold on or stop my period for 3 months but then spotting was still continue until now this is not spotting anymore it continue and still heavy bleeding, I wanted to have the operation of getting out my ovary for stopping it I don't know I am confuse of what is happening to me.

Endometriosis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.