Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Treatments

Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?

Comment from: nikki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

My doctor ordered a spinal tap to check for multiple sclerosis. I had it done yesterday. I read online to drink lots of caffeine, so I drank pop before and been drinking coffee. I woke up this morning feeling good, no headaches. Just a little bit of pain where the needle was put in. But feeling great. No pain medicines.

Comment from: Scott, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I suffered from severe pain, had the redness all around my big toe and could feel the infection developing. I barely could have walked in my shoes. I was lucky enough to get rid of ingrown toenail with no surgery. It might be different for various stages, but I fixed mine with only Dermatico.

Comment from: joanna522, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I received a pacer/defibrillator implant, this is my third implant. I am on Coumadin/warfarin which was not stopped before the surgery since I have St. Jude mitral and aortic valve implants. Risk was deemed to be too great for clots to form. After surgery I am experiencing a huge hematoma over the left breast, pain, hardness and black and blue symptoms. The surgery was on 9/24 and the hematoma is still hard, painful and quite large.

Comment from: anonymous, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I am suffering from genital herpes. If you want to finish off the outbreaks finish coffee, black tea, chocolate and cola from your life. I have done this and my monthly outbreaks which lasted for 5 years have stopped since almost two years. Yes, if I take any of above mentioned items for a few days I get outbreaks again. I am herpes-free man till I don't take these items. Wish you all best of luck.

Comment from: Annie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I have had collagenous colitis for 5 months. I am now suffering every day and taking at least 8 Imodium per day and breaking right through them. I was prescribed and was taking 3 Entocort tablets at one time, along with 2 Lomotil every 6 hours and still breaking through. I have absolutely no life because there is absolutely no warning. My doctor tells me it has nothing to do with what you eat. I now am being sent to a specialist and can't get in until November. I can't continue to live like this. I eat normally as my doctor says that this has nothing to do with what you eat. I am at my wits end.

Comment from: Ms. Hopeful, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 21

I am 45 and have wanted to conceive, but have not been able to get pregnant yet. I know my husband is disappointed and this has hurt my marriage some. Anyway, I have dealt with irregular and heavy bleeding for years. I had surgery in 2010 for endometriosis, and it got better. However, now I am having tremendous pain during the first 3 days of my cycle. No medication seems to help, just puts me to sleep. I still want a child, but not sure if possible at my age. I am considering a fertility specialist. If that does not work, I believe I will have the hysterectomy because the pain is awful and I don't want that the rest of my life.

Comment from: pradeepa, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

I am 29. I have a kid of 4 years. Now I am affected by pelvic pain. As I went to doctor (DGO) she suggested to me to have a second baby, and during the delivery we will clear this problem too. I wonder if this the right solution given by her and I will not get this endometriosis again.

Endometriosis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.
Endometriosis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with endometriosis.
Endometriosis: Diet Question: Please share your experience with the endometriosis diet?