Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Treatments

Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?

Comment from: Mommy2be, Published: January 06

So a friend of mine has endometriosis and went through the hormonal treatments, she said her doctor told her she only has a few years to try to get pregnant before they do a hysterectomy. She really wants another baby but she hasn't gotten her period for months and it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen and she's very upset. I know absolutely nothing about endometriosis and it may sound silly but I don't quite understand everything I read about it, I'm assuming that since she hasn't gotten her period it has something to do with her eggs and I was just wondering if it would be possible for me to donate one of my eggs to her? I don't know anything about this and don't even know if that's the problem but I'd like to get an opinion about it before I talk to her about it cause I don't want her to be even more disappointed than she already is.

Comment from: momoftwins, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I am 33 and was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 18 and at that time I was put on birth control pills. The pills helped but when it came time for me to have kids I tried for 3 years to no avail. I had a laparoscopy and a laparotomy but neither surgery worked to help the pain or conceive. Fortunately, after one attempt of invetro I had twins! Yay! But after 5 years of not being on any birth control I am in severe pain again. I just started taking birth control pills again and I am not sure if it's the pills or what but the pain has gotten so much worse. I end up in bed for days at a time with severe cramps and I am now convinced I have fibroids as well. Oh and constipation to boot. And all the other junk that goes along with this disease that no one knows how to cure. My heart goes out to everyone suffering from this.

Comment from: katzfl, Female (Patient) Published: December 12

Be an advocate for your health! I was 38 years old when diagnosed with endometriosis, after years of dealing with pain. My doctor is awesome and it still took me saying in a nice way, that he wasn't doing his job, something was wrong with me! He listened and performed my first laparoscopy in October. I had a hysterectomy 2 months later. I'm sad to say that it's not been a year and the pain is back. This time it was my doctor who stated that he would be scheduling a laparoscopy so we can see what's going on. Only you know what is happening with your body-Listen to it! I pray for all with this disease.

Comment from: Is there hope????, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

Was diagnosed in 2004. Had surgery in 2005. Was fine for 2 months until it started again. Now off and on the severity of it increases and decreases. I never know how it will affect me. It is so bad at times I have chest pains that take my breath away and the pain in my stomach feels like labor pains that are seconds apart. I also have swelling in my stomach that makes me look pregnant. The last episode, I got very dizzy, chest pains, and actually passed out as I made it from the bathroom to my bed. This has obviously attached itself to my stomach wall and now I have tenderness near my collar bone that was not there before.

Comment from: Nadine, 25-34 Female Published: October 11

I have always had irregular periods. I used to spot on occasion and get bad cramps, but as I got older (I'm 26) symptoms have gotten worse. Severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, fever, sharp stomach pains, and lower back pain. I bled for 30 days in March, it was pretty heavy all days. (This started 15 days after my February period.) I was spotting every month. My periods are very heavy the first couple of days as well. Sometimes I'm doubled over in pain. It has been very painful for exams. I am a Virgin still, but I think it has to do with the lesions on my uterine walls. My first gyno prescribed me an ultrasound, which I had done, but they said there was nothing there. I knew there was something wrong, so I went to my friend's gyno who diagnosed me with endometriosis. She cleaned me out because my uterine lining was extremely thick. I don't spot anymore, and once I get better insurance, I'm going to get the shot treatments for endometriosis.

Comment from: Dani100279, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 11

I am 32 and have moderate endometriosis that was diagnosed during laparoscopy for severe ovary pain. I am constantly constipated and my lower back hurts so bad. The worst was today in the middle of the night my uterus was spasming and the pain was so horrid I was about to call the emts to go to the hospital. I have an appt with my Gyno on Wednesday and I am going to push for the surgery as I can't take it anymore. He is being so conservative with my treatment but I can't take this pain anymore! I can't take hormones either because they make my mood horrid and I don't like how I feel. The Doc doesn't seem to listen to me and I am starting to get really frustrated at this point! I feel for you ladies and send vibes to all of you who suffer with this disease! Hugs!

Endometriosis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.
Endometriosis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with endometriosis.
Endometriosis: Diet Question: Please share your experience with the endometriosis diet?