Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Diagnosis

Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.

Comment from: heartbrokenmum, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 05

Endometriosis began when my daughter started her period at 13 years old. Since then she has had debilitating pain. I had to go back and forth with several different obstetricians/gynecologists in order to finally get the laparoscopy at age 17, saying 'she was too young and anyway there is a 50/50 chance she doesnt even have it. Well, I thought, so she had 50 percent chance of having it! They tried to talk her out of it, scaring her with all kinds of things, but since I am her mother and she was a minor at the time, I pushed for it! And guess what! It was determined that she has it, after surgery. She had relief for 1 week exactly before I had to rush her to the emergency room. All the medications they have given don't work. Even though under any other circumstance I wouldn't want her to take any narcotics, her pain level is at 10 on a daily basis, but they won't give it to her. It really hurts to see your child going through this much pain in her young life, I can't understand why they won't give her pain medicines! She's scheduled to have a colonoscopy very soon, to see if they can find out why she's in so much pain every day.

Comment from: txgirl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

My endometriosis was found after doing a HSG (hysterosalpingogram) test to help with infertility issues. We have been trying to get pregnant for a full year with no luck. It's been highly frustrating. Scarring was found along with this diagnosis. My age is 28.

Comment from: KEN, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

My endometriosis was diagnosed through laparoscopic surgery. An X-ray revealed that one of my tubes might be blocked, so my OB / Gyn decided to do a laparoscopy, as I want to have children. This surgery revealed that it was endometriosis.

Endometriosis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?
Endometriosis - Treatments Question: Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with endometriosis.
Endometriosis: Diet Question: Please share your experience with the endometriosis diet?