Patient Comments: Endometrial Biopsy - Experience

Have you had an endometrial biopsy? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: Craw08, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I had my endometrial biopsy yesterday and was under the impression that it would be mild cramping. Truth be told I felt it was more intense than laboring. Next day, I'm feeling tired, have moderate pain and wished I had taken the day off, so I could stay at home in bed.

Comment from: LOVELYLORI, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I had an endometrial biopsy 2 years ago. It was not fun! After 30 minutes, she couldn't get in my cervix. It was a lot of pinching from the tenaculum on my cervix and cramping. She tried again the following week after giving some medication vaginally. It took about 40 minutes. It was very painful, I was sweating and felt weak and felt like very intense menstrual cramps. I had to have another one yesterday at a different place; 3 minutes, in and out, very mild cramping and on with my day. It varies from each person, and each doctor.

Comment from: Kook63, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had an endometrial biopsy yesterday. It hurt but was over fairly quick. I have felt sick to my stomach since. I have had diarrhea and cramps and not much of an appetite. I haven't had much bleeding just a little mucus discharge. I have just been resting waiting for this to pass.

Comment from: CaliforniaGirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

My endometrial biopsy hurt a lot, I hope I never have to have one again. If I do they're going to have to sedate me. It worries me that it hurt so much and I am waiting for the results. I've read so many women saying it felt like cramps. It wasn't anything like cramps, it was horrible. At least the pain stopped when the procedure did and I barely spotted after. I took 3 Advil and a Norco before and my doctor numbed my cervix. I'm post-menopausal and had some bleeding, then an ultrasound showed a 7 mm strip. My biopsy was done August 4, 2015.

Comment from: luvlife, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I had an endometrial biopsy done 3 years ago. I took 2 Tylenol an hour prior. The pain during the procedure was absolutely horrific, along the lines of childbirth. I don't understand why this procedure isn't done under anesthesia. I will never have this procedure done again.

Comment from: LaKishauga, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I had endometrial biopsy today. It wasn't bad at all and I took a deep breath and it was over at the count of 10. It was a very short and painless procedure.

Comment from: Michelle, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I had an endometrial biopsy done today at the doctor's office (due to irregular periods/bleeding). If you are having one performed, please take ibuprofen and eat something beforehand. I did neither and almost passed out after the procedure. It is a bit painful, and I still feel crampy and tired.

Comment from: ellis, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I had the endometrial biopsy today, these reviews scared me to death. Well, I don't know what kind of doctor did your procedure, but my doctor was great. I could feel the tools he was using inside me but it wasn't painful at all. I didn't even feel the pinch that the nurse said would happen and he had a nice size tissue sample.