Patient Comments: Endometrial Ablation - Complications

Did you experience complications of endometrial ablation? What happened?

Comment from: Cantwaitobeasize8, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I had an endometrial ablation back in 2010, little pain, little bleeding afterwards. It was pure paradise for 4 years. Now all of a sudden I got a very light period (with the horrific cramps I used to get - 2 days in bed) for 21 days, then it stopped for 6 days and now I am in day 3 of a full blown period. I do not want a hysterectomy. I talked to my original doctor who told me to document for a few months, then we can discuss options.

Comment from: Hasberly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I had endometrial ablation done in December. I had clear fluid discharge for several weeks after the procedure. I have still had my period every month since but it is not the same as it was before. It is much lighter and less days than before. The blood though has changed. When I first start my period the blood is bright red but it quickly changes into a dark brown, also gritty discharge. I'm not sure if this is normal. I have also have had somewhat of a sour foul smell no matter how often I wash!

Comment from: sweetcharity79, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I had the ablation done at the end of January 2014, it has been 2 full months and I am still bleeding. I hear one has to give it at least 3 months and it doesn"t work for everyone with heavy bleeding. It doesn"t seem to have worked for me. The bleeding stopped for about 8 days, after what I thought was a cycle; just to start another period that hasn"t stopped as of yet. Cramping and bleeding is a little less than before the procedure, but increasingly getting worse each day. I have heard so many success stories, I don"t think I am one that this procedure helps. I hope this information helps someone.

Endometrial Ablation - Side Effects Question: Did you experience any side effects from your endometrial ablation?
Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience Question: Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?