Patient Comments: Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience

Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?

Comment from: Laney, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I had endometrial ablation in February 2017. For me the procedure was very painful afterwards and it took 7 weeks for me to get back to normal. After the discharge eventually stopped I really started to feel the benefit of having the ablation. I haven't had a period since, and I feel great. I still have ovulation pain and premenstrual syndrome but it's very minimal compared to before. I would recommend ladies to consider this procedure as it has changed my life!

Comment from: DK, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

Endometrial ablation changed my life! After bearing 3 children, I had periods that were so heavy and full of clots, I couldn't leave my house for a day or two. I also planned weekends away around my periods. It was very limiting and affected many aspects of my life including socializing, physical activity, travel and overall, my freedom to live to my life as I wanted to. I hesitated to take what I saw to be drastic measures but it got to the point where I felt like I needed to make a change. This procedure went seamlessly for me. After some mild cramps and light brown discharge (easily managed with just a panty shield) for approximately 8 days, my period stopped forever. I am free and making choices based on my desires and interests rather than on what time of the month it is! Truly liberating and highly recommended. Take your life back!

Comment from: Crystal D, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I had the endometrial ablation, and LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) on 4/19/2017 (last week Wednesday), and after the surgery everything seemed to be okay. I had a brown grainy, watery discharge for the first two days and then on day 3, I started seeing a bright pinkish red discharge. I am now knocking at a week's door (tomorrow will be 1 week post-surgery) and I am now having a full period. This is very discouraging and I don't know what went wrong. I'm wondering if it is because I had two procedures at once. Oh my goodness, this is very frustrating.

Comment from: Pmd67, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I had endometrial ablation a year ago. I had spotting and discharge for 6 to 7 weeks, then no bleeding at all. I am still getting menopausal symptoms, i.e., headaches, weight gain on tummy, irritable moods, etc. I understand that I shouldn't believe that I cannot now get pregnant but I feel it highly unlikely after a year of no bleeding, I'm 50.

Comment from: Sassipantz, 35-44 (Patient) Published: March 24

Endometrial ablation was the best thing I have ever done. I used to have extremely heavy periods to the point I could barely leave my house. I actually had my period when my procedure was done and it was gone after leaving the office. I only had some light bleeding afterwards. The procedure was quick and painless for me. I did not need to take pain pills that the doctor gave me afterwards either. I had it done 5 years ago and no periods/bleeding since.

Comment from: alexandria, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I have read everywhere online that women who had NovaSure gained a ton of weight, I don't know if there are those out there who were the same as prior or lost any weight. I have heard nothing positive.

Comment from: cfreeman, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I had an endometrial ablation a year and a half ago. I have suffered with cramps for two weeks out of the month which are not as bad as a few days prior to the ablation but they last longer and are different. More of a low back constant pain for weeks. I would trade it back for bleeding.

Endometrial Ablation - Side Effects Question: Did you experience any side effects from your endometrial ablation?
Endometrial Ablation - Complications Question: Did you experience complications of endometrial ablation? What happened?