Patient Comments: Endometrial Ablation - Side Effects

Question:Did you experience any side effects from your endometrial ablation?

Comment from: Happy Me, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

Eight months post endometrial ablation, I can't tell you the difference in my life. Very easy post op experience, minimal bleeding, and cramping, just sort of laid around most of the day. The next day, I got up, walked about 2 miles, no more cramping, slight bleeding (less than 1 mini pad/2 hours). Ran a few errands, some work from home, and got ready for next day at work. Next 2.5 weeks, slight spotting but that was it. I was so anemic for the last year, blood transfusions, platelet transfusions and monumental fatigue and pain, I feel this procedure saved my life. Eight months later, I'm a new woman. No more periods, so much more energy, my hair and skin is so much healthier, it's life changing. Why did I wait?

Comment from: bunnytail, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I had an endometrial ablation about a year ago and I have very light, almost non-existent periods for about 2 days. It worked wonderfully.

Comment from: jenrose, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I had NovaSure done on Saturday and today is Tuesday. The day of procedure, I was in the worst pain. No joke. I even went to the emergency room (ER) and they gave me relief. The very next day there was zero pain.

Comment from: Jill, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I had the endometrial ablation procedure end of Jan 2014. Fantastic, I have no bleeding, but a couple of weeks ago I had severe cramps which haven"t gone away. I have no bleeding though. I am on pain killers 3 times a day.

Comment from: Robin65, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I underwent the NovaSure uterine endometrial ablation several years ago. It has done wonders on my bleeding but now I have overactive bladder. It's awful, I can't even do jumping jacks without tinkling.

Comment from: ks mom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had the NovaSure 2/09. It was done in the hospital under anesthesia, my doctor"s method. He did a D&C before, then the ablation. I woke up with some cramps, but nothing OTC pain medications couldn"t handle and no mess. I went without a period for 6 weeks and then they resumed, but nothing like they were. The ablation gave me my energy and social life back. Would do it again in a heartbeat! Anemia cured!

Comment from: RW247, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I had the NovaSure endometrial ablation carried out in Oct 2013. I chose not to have general anesthesia, but I wouldn"t do that again. The procedure was only a couple of minutes, it was the worst pain I"ve ever experienced. Even above the 3 day inducement pain of labor. I had a slight cramp for a few days then no bleeding for 6 months. Some smell occasionally post sex. In the last few days I"ve had water discharge and today terrible cramps and back pain. I just realized I"m bleeding.

Comment from: Andyypandy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

My periods were about every 3 to 6 months, then in November I had my period. This was the worst time ever, heavy clots going to the toilet every 20 minutes. I went on two tablets to try and stop it, but they didn"t work. Then in February, I just didn"t feel right. I went to Accident & Emergency, they said I had lost so much blood, which was making my heart pump faster. So after giving me a drip and a scan, they found fibroids. I had endometrial ablation done under local anesthetic, it was the worst pain I ever had. Four weeks later I am still having pinkish discharge. Beforehand the consultant said it will take 4 weeks to get back to normal. After procedure, a different consultant said 6 months. After having period for 6 months I am fed up of wearing pads, want to go swimming again.

Comment from: Lince, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had the endometrial ablation 7 years ago and I have to say it's the best decision I have ever made! No more periods whatsoever and my hormones appear to be a whole lot better too.

Comment from: shelly2013, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had endometrial ablation done about 6 months ago. Everything has been good other than that I have had a yeast infection (or I thought) 3 of those 6 months, about every other month. However, I am not sure it is a yeast infection. It seems to burn worse with the over the counter yeast infection medicine, the last one especially. I am worried that there is more going on.

Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience Question: Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?
Endometrial Ablation - Complications Question: Did you experience complications of endometrial ablation? What happened?