Patient Comments: Endometrial Ablation - Side Effects

Question:Did you experience any side effects from your endometrial ablation?

Comment from: Lince, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had the endometrial ablation 7 years ago and I have to say it's the best decision I have ever made! No more periods whatsoever and my hormones appear to be a whole lot better too.

Comment from: shelly2013, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I had endometrial ablation done about 6 months ago. Everything has been good other than that I have had a yeast infection (or I thought) 3 of those 6 months, about every other month. However, I am not sure it is a yeast infection. It seems to burn worse with the over the counter yeast infection medicine, the last one especially. I am worried that there is more going on.

Comment from: jennifer, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 04

My uterus perforated after endometrial ablation and grew to my colon! It was the worst pain to ever endure, and they do not tell you this can happen! I had to have a hysterectomy and lost everything!

Comment from: Yellagirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 28

These reviews are making me very nervous, I just had my ablation done a week ago and I am still bloated and if I sit too long without back support my back starts hurting. I am concerned now if I made the right decision to have this done, I hope that I am one of the success stories but it doesn"t look like many people have had such luck.

Comment from: bonbon, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I just had the endometrial ablation done a week ago. I'm feeling a little crampy, no bleeding after the first two days but I do notice after urinating there's a strong pungent odor.

Comment from: worriedmom, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I am a 29 year old female. I had an ablation done 5 years ago due to very heavy and horribly painful periods. I hadn't had any bleeding or pain until about two months ago. Now I get some of the worst pain I have ever had and I am bleeding like a normal period. I also have some of the worst back pains I have ever experienced. I called my doctor to make an appointment and after explaining what was wrong, they scheduled me to see their gynecological oncologist. I am very scared and nervous to find out something is wrong.

Comment from: eir0903, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I'm a 48 year old female who had an endometrial ablation in 12/2006 with no periods until September this year. I have been experiencing pain 10 in a scale of 1/10. In September I had a period for 1 hour with huge pain, in November for 1 1/2 week and on and off spotting with huge pain. December was with no pain. I had biopsies, D & C and a PAP smear and they all came back normal.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

I am 4 months post operation. The first 30 days were not so fun, I had bleeding and I was leaking fluid almost like I was urinating myself. After 30 days the smelly fluid stopped and I have not had a period since. I can tell when I should have my period related my moods etc. Since surgery I have lost 20 lbs. I hope that my periods continue to stay away.

Comment from: Hurts like Hell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I received an endometrial ablation in 2010 because of extreme bleeding and menstrual cramps. It is 2013 and I have been experiencing the worst menstrual cramps I have ever had. I have to have prescribed narcotics every month and still cannot function for 3 solid days during cycle. I am 45 years old and never thought I would wish for menopause. My doctor now advises me to get a hysterectomy, but I don't have insurance. I have fibroids and my symptoms are getting worse each month. For the last two months I have started vomiting. If the ablation contributed to this I hope my testimony will help the medical researchers to find out.

Comment from: forever happy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I'm 50-years-old and 6 years ago I had the endometrial ablation and I have been period and pain free since.

Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience Question: Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?
Endometrial Ablation - Complications Question: Did you experience complications of endometrial ablation? What happened?