Patient Comments: Endometrial Ablation - Side Effects

Question:Did you experience any side effects from your endometrial ablation?

Comment from: amanda81, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had an ablation recently and I am not a happy camper at all. I guess I didn't ask enough questions. I was under the impression that I would go in, have my surgery, (I also had a D and C and a tubal done at the same time) and I may have a slight discharge, but nothing more. Well, that's not the case. I had a period for six weeks before the surgery and am still having what is like a normal period. I did notice that there are clots and I called the doctor and they said it could be the lining still working it's way out. What? Shouldn't they take that while they are in there? So I am 2 weeks post op and still having a period. I am ready to take my uterus out myself. I am 30 years old and can't have a normal sex life with my husband because mother nature wants to play games with me. If this isn't resolved in the next 5 weeks the doctor said to give it, I am going to see if I can get a hysterectomy. I am not dealing with this pain and bleeding forever.

Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience Question: Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?
Endometrial Ablation - Complications Question: Did you experience complications of endometrial ablation? What happened?