- Dementia Slideshow Pictures
- Take the ADHD Quiz
- Brain Foods Slideshow
- Patient Comments: Encephalopathy - Type of Encephalopathy
- Patient Comments: Encephalopathy - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Encephalopathy - Diagnosis
- Patient Comments: Encephalopathy - Prognosis
- Find a local Neurologist in your town
- Encephalopathy facts
- Encephalopathy definition and overview
- What causes encephalopathy?
- What are the symptoms of encephalopathy?
- How is encephalopathy diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for encephalopathy?
- What are the complications of encephalopathy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for encephalopathy?
- Can encephalopathy be prevented?
- For more information on types of encephalopathy
For more information on types of encephalopathy
- Wernicke Encephalopathy
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hypertensive Encephalopathy
- Mad Cow Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Confusional States and Acute Memory Disorders
- EEG in Dementia and Encephalopathy
Medically reviewed by Joseph Carcione, DO; American board of Psychiatry and Neurology
"Definition of Encephalitis." eMedicineHealth. 19 Mar. 2012. <http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3231>.
Shiel, William C. and Frederick Hecht. "MELAS Syndrome." 19 July 2006. <http://www.medicinenet.com/melas_syndrome/article.htm>.
Wedro, Benjamin and Charles Patrick Davis. "Encephalopathy." eMedicineHealth. 6 Oct. 2009. <http://www.emedicinehealth.com/encephalopathy/article_em.htm>.