Patient Comments: Encephalitis and Meningitis - Treatments

What was the treatment for your encephalitis or meningitis?

Comment from: ConfusedandFedup, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 18

I didn't have a fall, no injury or trauma to my tailbone at all. Last year on Thanksgiving, my tailbone started hurting for no reason and nearly 1 year later, it is still hurting and I still don't have a diagnosis. Originally they thought it was referred pain from a loose screw from my spinal fusion, but my spine surgeon wouldn't even consider that possibility even though another general surgeon, radiologist and my primary care physician says it clear on the x-ray and CT scan. Anyway, last week I had a ganglion of impar block in my tailbone to see if that is the problem, and it would appear the pain isn't originating from the tailbone as the injection did nothing for the pain. I had 3 days of increased pain and then back to my normal daily pain I have had for a year. Next week we will do a hardware block so see if it is a loose screw causing the referred pain in my tailbone.

Comment from: Joe, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 09

I have recently been diagnosed with meningitis for the fourth or fifth time. I'll be taking an antiviral medication for two years. I sure hope that this will work for me.

Meningitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your meningitis?
Meningitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with meningitis.
Encephalitis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your encephalitis?
Encephalitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with encephalitis.