Emphysema (Lung Condition) Center - Hilo, HI
- WebMD Physician Directory of Hilo Doctors
- The City of Hilo
- Related Emphysema (Lung Condition) Articles
- Hilo Emergency Contacts
- Nearby Hilo Hospitals
- Find a Local Pharmacy on RxList - Hilo
Hilo Doctors for Emphysema (Lung Condition)
Type of Physician: Pulmonologist
What is a Pulmonologist?
A subspecialty certification by the Board of Internal Medicine; practitioners focus on diseases of the lungs and airways. The pulmonologist diagnoses and treats pneumonia, cancer, asthma, occupational diseases, sleep disorders, emphysema, and other complex disorders of the lungs. Pulmonologists evaluate lung function, examine the bronchial airways, and prescribe and monitor mechanical ventilation. Many pulmonary disease experts are also expert in critical care.
Specialty: Pulmonary Disease
Common Name: Lung Doctor
Doctors in Hilo * results
Benjamin M. Ono
Benjamin M Ono MD Inc
1248 Kinoole St Ste 103
Hilo, HI 96720
- 42 years experience
- 1 office location(s)
Don't see your city? Use the WebMD Physician Directory to expand your search.
- Emphysema is a destructive disease of the lung in which the alveoli (small sacs) that promote oxygen exchange between the air and the bloodstream are destroyed.
- Smoking is the primary cause of emphysema, whic...
Other Related Emphysema (Lung Condition) Articles
Emergency Contact for Hilo
- In case of Emergency, call 911
Nearby Hilo Hospitals results
- 1Hilo Medical Center
1190 Waianuenue Ave
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
By using the WebMD Provider Directory, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.