Electromyogram is a test that records the electrical activity of muscles. Normal muscles produce a typical pattern of electrical curren that is usually proportional to the level of muscle activity. Diseases of muscle and/or nerves can produce abnormal electormyogram patterns. Abbreviated EMG. Also known as a myogram.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
Sciatica pain, caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve, typically radiates from the low back to behind the thigh to below the...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...learn more »
In This Article
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) Article
- Thoracic outlet syndrome facts
- What is thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What causes thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What are thoracic outlet syndrome risk factors?
- What are thoracic outlet syndrome symptoms and signs?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What is the treatment for thoracic outlet syndrome? What are medications for thoracic outlet syndrome? Is surgery necessary for TOS?
- What are home remedies for thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What types of doctors treat thoracic outlet syndrome?
- What is the prognosis for thoracic outlet syndrome?
- Is it possible to prevent thoracic outlet syndrome?