Electromyogram is defined as a test that records the electrical activity of muscles. Normal muscles produce a typical pattern of electrical current that is usually proportional to the level of muscle activity. Diseases of muscle and/or nerves can produce abnormal electormyogram patterns. The electromyogram test is abbreviated as "EMG," and is also called a myogram.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Muscle cramps are involuntarily and forcibly contracted muscles that do not relax. Extremely common, any muscles that have...learn more »
Sciatica pain, caused by irritation of the sciatic nerve, typically radiates from the low back to behind the thigh to below the...learn more »
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...learn more »
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
In This Article
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain) Article
- What is neck pain? What are causes and risk factors for neck pain?
- What are other symptoms that are associated with neck pain?
- What are the structures of the neck?
- What specialties of doctors treat neck pain?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose neck pain?
- What is the treatment for neck pain? What are home remedies for neck pain relief?
- What is the prognosis for neck pain?
- Is it possible to prevent neck pain?