Patient Comments: Electrolytes - Diagnosis

Question:What was the diagnosis made from your electrolytes test?

Comment from: Jean, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I was diagnosed with Hyponatremia over a year ago. The doctor restricted my fluids to four cups a day. I was told that this is the only treatment for my condition. My sodium and chloride level have improved but not to the normal level. I have been told that should I drink more fluids, my sodium will drop back below normal level. I find my situation discouraging, and wonder if others have experienced this problem as well.

Comment from: d., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

Electrolytes are essential for your overall health and happiness. I had serious deficiencies in potassium and others over a long period due to eating disorders. This article is so beneficial for those who are trying to get stronger after severe stress of the body. I know for sure that I have severe muscle issues after years of consistent fluid loss without re-hydrating appropriately. I can only hope that I didn't cause any permanent damage and can recover.

Comment from: Dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I was diagnosed with Syncope, Hypokalemia, Hyponatremia and hospitalized for 4 days. I collapsed in house and transported via ambulance to hospital.

Comment from: missmangolove, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 05

It would be nice to know what sources sodium, potassium, bicarbonate, and chloride can be found in. Thanks for writing this article otherwise as I found it top notch! Best wishes.