- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Boost Digestive Health
- Digestive Distress Slideshow: Problem Foods to Avoid
- What are PEG and electrolytes?
- What are examples of PEG and electrolytes available in the United States?
- What are the side effects of PEG and electrolytes?
- What drugs interact with PEG and electrolytes?
- What formulations of PEG and electrolytes are available?
- What about taking PEG and electrolytes during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
What are the side effects of PEG and electrolytes?
Side effects of PEG and electrolytes are:
- abdominal fullness,
- stomach cramps,
- headache, and
- anal irritation.
What drugs interact with PEG and electrolytes?
Oral medications administered within one hour of the start of PEG and electrolytes may be flushed from the body and may not be absorbed.
Quick GuideDigestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.