Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Causes

What caused your elbow pain?

Comment from: Carla, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I am having pain in my left elbow on top of the bone, when prsseing on the top of my elbow there is pain. It's like the pain start after my arm is extended for a period of times. It seems like it helps when i put my arm toward my chest with it not extended. It hurts alot at nigth but it seems like the pain is getting alot more often threw out the day.

Comment from: Chloe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

Elbow pain with some loss of flexibility started last year after a busy winter of snow shoveling. Another year of shoveling and the elbow started locking and snapping and finally the movement to brush my teeth or wash my face was greatly impaired requiring use of my left hand to do these chores. X-rays showed bone fragments, spurs and some degeneration. MRI shows a radial lateral ligament tear.

Comment from: lucy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

I fell down hit hard on the floor on my elbow. I didn't get a sprain or fracture according to the x-ray results. It's been a month I have tried physiotherapy but it isn't working. I can't fold my arm to my shoulder. According to the orthopedic I suffered a stiff elbow trauma I stopped going for therapy now just surviving on ibuprofen when the pain persists.

Comment from: Austen, 45-54 Male Published: February 07

I am 53 and quite proud of the fact that I was doing 100 pushups 3 times a week until my elbow pain started. And what a pain it is! It resides mostly in my left arm on the inside of my elbow. I stopped doing the pushups, but with plenty of snow removal (using a blower) and hauling wood into the house, the pain has not gone away (its been about 2 weeks). I also played basketball and at first that seemed to help but afterwards I experienced more pain.

Comment from: dave, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 24

I was shoveling snow and my left elbow started to hurt a little bit. It has been several weeks and it seems to be getting much worse, I can not twist my arm. It hurts on the top out side.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 18

I don't know initially what caused my elbow pain but it reaches my forearm to where I can barely pick up my purse, or even a glass of water. I have lost strength in it. Neither cold or ice helps or not even any type of pain killer. I even went to see my chiropractor and he gave me some ultrasound on it. That didn't even help much either. I am so frustrated and wish I knew what this pain is.

Comment from: hockeyguy, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I was playing hockey and I hit my elbow on the ice and it swelled up right away and that was almost a month ago and I still have a bit of pain. I can do curls but cannot do a pushing movement such as bench press and dumbbells.

Comment from: Libby, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

Nothing caused it. Just happened to pain suddenly.

Comment from: Wondering, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

When I was pregnant with my daughter I gained 100 pounds, since then I have been a hard core gym rat for six months now and I now have severe elbow and forearm pain. I am just wondering if it is my muscles adjusting to the intense workouts or if I should get it looked into. I have never had this before.

Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with elbow pain.
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?