Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have a lot of pain in my elbow when I move it in certain positions or stretch it out. I cannot stretch it all the way out, not because of the pain but because it just won't stretch as far as my other one, though it does hurt to try and stretch it all the way out. This started when I fell from about 3 feet and I landed in the push up position in order to break my fall, therefore, jamming the elbow. It did hurt quite a bit when it happened and as the pain slowly subsided I'm still experiencing horrible pain when I move it in certain positions. The fall I had was 2 years ago. When I stretch my flexors and extensors I get a sharp pain as soon as I let the stretch go. Mostly, on the outside of my elbow but I do get pain on the inside as well just not as severe. Also, when I close my elbow all the way the inside hurts quite a bit.

Comment from: tac, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 23

I have sudden elbow pain when I pick up something or squeeze something! It started in the left and then a week later in the right! I've had it now for about 4 weeks! I can do pushups just fine! It's strange to me it started in one elbow and then a few weeks later in the other!

Comment from: Help, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

At work I lift up to 5,000 lb. a day. The material is cut up and some range from 2 lb. to 50 lb. or more to lift at a time. I have been on the job for 4 years now. My elbow hurts so bad to bend and to keep straight. The inner part of my elbow hurts to touch and it is swollen. I can feel it in my arm and when I turn my hand up I can feel it so bad in the elbow. It hurts to use my fingers and thumb as well.

Comment from: SJH, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 24

Once in a while I wake up with a swollen elbow joint, extremely painful, no reason for this that I know of. It often leaves quickly, just as it came on but this time it is staying around longer. I can hardly use the arm and can't rest it on anything. It doesn't like to be touched at all. No sores, no infection anywhere that I know of. I'm fine otherwise. But like I said this is extremely painful, and very swollen.

Comment from: dean, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 23

After weeks of lifting weights and exercising, I woke up with pain in muscles just below the elbow pit. After 2 months it has not gone away and now I have sharp burning pain if I keep my arm bent more than several seconds.

Comment from: Lala Belga, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 26

My patient suffered chronic elbow pain, costochondritis, and gout.

Comment from: Andy, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

For the last 3 weeks I have had a sharp piercing pain in my elbow, especially when I lean on it or move it in certain positions.

Comment from: J.J., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

I slammed my 'funny bone'' on my elbow against a wall while vacuuming a few weeks ago. It sent excruciating pain down to my fingertips. It really hurts when I touch it. I'm wondering if I splintered the bone.

Comment from: val, Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I had MRI on elbow. Doctor says the muscle is torn on my elbow. My pain is so bad I am in tears. Doctor gives me Ibuprofen 600 mg and Percocet, but it does not help my pain.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?