Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: john bb, Male (Patient) Published: April 22

My left elbow hurts right on the tip of the bone, on the inside of the joint.

Comment from: Dawn9394, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 29

For the past two months I have been having joint pain in my left arm which is quite annoying. I have full range of motion, but once I pick up my racket to play tennis, it begins to hurt, especially on my back hand shots. The next morning after playing, I am barely able to pick up a cup of water. The pain is on the top of the elbow but down in between the joints. I don't want to stop playing tennis for this.

Comment from: ackjordan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

The pain feels like a burning sensation, along with a stiffness that is only somewhat relieved with Advil.

Published: August 12

My elbow pain just popped up without apparent cause. I cannot fully straighten my arm without pain, so I keep my arm bent. There is no major swelling, but the outside knob is tender when pressed. I am 43 and work at a computer all day, but it seems to be more severe or inflamed than a typical RSI.

Comment from: Lena, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

It's painful when I press my right elbow with the thumb on the inner part of the elbow joint or lifting. Upon examination of both elbow joints, the right protrudes out more than the left. The pain started eight months ago. I received a cortisone shot, which improved my mobility, range of motion, and eliminated the pain. No surgery was performed.

Published: July 09

I awoke in the night with a throbbing pain in my left elbow. I am right-handed. No matter what position I had it in, folded up or stretched out, I could not find any relief. It felt like it was in tendons or the soft part of the elbow. Ibuprofen did help.

Published: July 02

I have been having a stinging feeling in the bony part that protrudes on the elbow on my right arm. It hurts to touch it on anything.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?