Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: Emma, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

I have bumped my elbow in to door jams a few times while moving in to a new apartment. It has a sharp pain at times but no swelling. Lifting small things can create a sharp pain and even resting my elbow on the armrest of a couch hurts. Could I have chipped or fractured the bone? It's the inside of the elbow, not the very tip (when bent).

Comment from: Vinod, 45-54 Male Published: July 18

I have experienced this elbow pain on the inner side in both the hands, when only lifting weights ie. while doing dumbell curls or with barbels. I don't experience pain while doing other exercises. After doing dumbell curls, the pain persists for a long time. Initially i thought maybe due to lack of calcium in body, therefore I started to take CARVIC capsule, but the pain still exists even after taking this capsule for a week. Kindly suggest a suitable remedy for this.

Comment from: cargbsb, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 20

My elbow pain is in my right elbow. When I get up out of bed in the morning, it feels like when you hit your "funny" bone. It only hurts when I first get out of bed.

Comment from: I need help, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 03

I'm having pain in my right elbow. There's no swelling, redness, bruising or any other factors. When the skin of my elbow is moved or strained, I get a burning sensation underneath by skin. I also have pain keeping my arm bent like I have it now to type this message from my phone. I need some help.

Comment from: bradley, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I fell on my right elbow very hard, but it wasn't until I banged it on the car door post that it swelled up and really started to hurt. It has been this way for three / four weeks. The swelling won't go down.

Comment from: Yoshi, 19-24 Male Published: September 23

I have a mild but noticeable pain the back of my right elbow (dominant hand) that persists while I'm at work. I spend the better part of five hours on a PC at work with poor ergonomic design and a few more hours a day on my home computer. I'm a college student, so I write quite a bit with my right hand. I also play tennis three times a week and bowling twice a week, all using my right arm. There's no visible deformity, but I feel pain in what I'd call the backside of the "top" of my elbow. While it doesn't hurt, my elbow feels a bit strange when lifting a weight in any way where my elbow has a strong acute angle, such as a vertical dumbbell lift, at the end of the downward motion. I don't think it's bursitis

Comment from: alynne, Published: September 17

I am a tennis player and am experiencing pain on the inside of my elbow. I also have tingling of my fingers, particularly my pointer finger. I would like to continue playing tennis without taking a lot of time off. I am concerned that a doctor will want to give me a cortisone shot and that it will mask the problem, not heal it which will eventually make it worse. Has anyone experienced this problem and have advice?

Comment from: ML, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

Pain in the top of the elbow when twisting hand or lifting even light objects with the arm extended. It does not hurt to bend or extend the arm.

Comment from: green wave, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

Recently I am having pain in my left elbow. The medial epicondyle, the inner part of my elbow hurts when I push on things and when swimming and pulling through the water. Also, my right forearm, near the elbow, hurts when rotated. I don't recall any injuries. These pains just came on over the last couple of months. Any thoughts on the causes or exercises I can do to relieve these pains?

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?