Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: Anomaly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

My left elbow hurts right on the tip of the bone on the inside of the joint. I am left-handed (very) and do a lot of cooking and baking, I think, from the reading I've done, I'm too short for my kitchen counters. I caught myself holding my left shoulder higher in a tense position. Also, I injured my left shoulder reaching for a box of dishwashing detergent from under the counter. The combination of reach plus weight (it was a new box) caused the injury to my shoulder. There was a definite 'pop' at the top of the shoulder, almost as soon I picked up the box. The elbow injury is due to repetitive motion, and I've had that for years. But now, I'm making an effort to relax my upper body while working; I'm getting a small box to stand on. I'm using ice packs and Tylenol extra-strength for inflammation and pain.

Published: July 28

My right (non-writing) arm is experiencing pain in the inner joint-area of the elbow. There is no apparent swelling, bruising, heat/cold sensation or specific pain spot. Rather, it is a general soreness around the joint itself. Nothing abnormal has occurred to the area, and no excessive use of the arm with unusual stress or strain. When bent for a while, it is initially painful to straighten. The other arm (left, writing-hand) arm experiences this to a much lesser degree. Very infrequently, there will be a twinge with 'pins-and-needles' feeling which is very brief. I do use the first, most afflicted arm for most duties, opening doors, carrying items, etc. I do sleep with my arm bent under the pillow.

Comment from: Peaches, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I get this sharp pain, it starts in my right hand and it shoots up in my right arm and it also goes into my elbow and the pain will sit in my whole arm. So I'm taking glucosamine to help prevent the pain.

Comment from: Elbow pain victim, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

I have 24 hours no stop elbow pain, heat, chilly sensation - when scratching the skin I feel better.

Comment from: Angel422, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

For 2 weeks my left elbow is getting to the point I don't know what to do. The pain is so much I can't pick up my iPad; it is a 7 on the scale of pain. I am not even left handed. My hand is swelling a little.

Comment from: scrnbob, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

My elbows hurt and the pain runs down the arm.

Comment from: judtih, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I hit my elbow long time ago and now that I have been ill and had surgery, all of a sudden it is hurting when I use it.

Comment from: berry, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

My elbow is very sore. The pain is right below my elbow. I don't recall the injury. It hurts to move my arm and feels like pain is trying to go into my biceps. I have no swelling or irritated skin, just pain with movement.

Comment from: ApplianceTech, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 16

Arm resting on open window driving elbow bend and out the window, Elbow felted like needed to be straightening so it pop like a catch but as i started to move the arm a turn wrist as same there was a loud snap and about 1.5 in on side of the elbow like a rubber band snapped then great pain burning pain. 1 week in this pain in forearm, elbow, numb and tingling fingers. Dr think's it is pinched. But to felt it roll or break apart moving in the elbow. Trying to tell Dr i Need a MRI.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?