Patient Comments: Elbow Pain - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with elbow pain.

Comment from: Yoshi, 19-24 Male Published: September 23

I have a mild but noticeable pain the back of my right elbow (dominant hand) that persists while I'm at work. I spend the better part of five hours on a PC at work with poor ergonomic design and a few more hours a day on my home computer. I'm a college student, so I write quite a bit with my right hand. I also play tennis three times a week and bowling twice a week, all using my right arm. There's no visible deformity, but I feel pain in what I'd call the backside of the "top" of my elbow. While it doesn't hurt, my elbow feels a bit strange when lifting a weight in any way where my elbow has a strong acute angle, such as a vertical dumbbell lift, at the end of the downward motion. I don't think it's bursitis

Comment from: alynne, Published: September 17

I am a tennis player and am experiencing pain on the inside of my elbow. I also have tingling of my fingers, particularly my pointer finger. I would like to continue playing tennis without taking a lot of time off. I am concerned that a doctor will want to give me a cortisone shot and that it will mask the problem, not heal it which will eventually make it worse. Has anyone experienced this problem and have advice?

Comment from: ML, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

Pain in the top of the elbow when twisting hand or lifting even light objects with the arm extended. It does not hurt to bend or extend the arm.

Comment from: green wave, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

Recently I am having pain in my left elbow. The medial epicondyle, the inner part of my elbow hurts when I push on things and when swimming and pulling through the water. Also, my right forearm, near the elbow, hurts when rotated. I don't recall any injuries. These pains just came on over the last couple of months. Any thoughts on the causes or exercises I can do to relieve these pains?

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I am 18 yr old baseball player, although nothing is "wrong" with my elbow in the MRI, my elbow has been in pain for almost a year now. The inner portion of the elbow is tender to the throwing motion and sometimes will pop when given 100% effort into a motion. It will also lock up my fore arm when I am lifting occasionally and on certain days feels like it is just "grinding" bone on bone in the rear or upper part of the back elbow (towards shoulder) what could this be?

Comment from: maudski, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

My elbow pain began with tenderness when I placed the bony part of my elbow on a hard surface. Then I developed swelling in the inside part of my elbow. I was prescribed Naproxen and tried not to flex my elbow. Now the tenderness has spread and it hurts to both flex and extend my elbow. The naproxen did not help.

Comment from: Eva CH, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I have had elbow pain for about 4 months now, it's a lot more painful at night. I cannot bring my hand to my face or behind my neck area. I cannot spray anything on my hair because I do not have the strength and is also painful. It hurts to bring a cup of coffee to my mouth (so I have to use both hands). I have not been diagnosed with anything. I am deciding to get another opinion. I am not sure if I might have injured it while lifting weights?

Comment from: sdechert, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 19

I work as a hotel doorman lifting people's luggage. I normally lift with a curling motion, flexing my biceps. Once in a while, I have pain on the inside upper part of my forearm just below the elbow joint. I bought an elbow brace, but the condition seems to come and go. Sometimes I feel nothing, and sometimes taking a casserole out of the fridge hurts.

Elbow Pain - Causes Question: What caused your elbow pain?
Elbow Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your elbow pain?